Contact Details

  • In an emergency call 999
  • When it's a non-emergency call 101

In an emergency:

999 – Call if life is at risk or a crime is in progress

999 (SMS) - ONLY if you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired. Anyone misusing the number will have their phone disabled.

Important: You will only be able to use this service if you have registered with Emergency SMS first. To register text 'register' to 999, you will receive a reply - follow the instructions sent. For more information please see this brochure.

Once registered your mobile can be used to send an SMS 999 in the event of an emergency. After providing a few brief details on the text, the emergency service will either ask for more information or state that help is on its way.


  • 101 - For general enquiries or to report a crime that is no longer happening.
  • 18001 101 (text phone) - If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
  • 07786 220 022 (SMS) - If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
  • 0800 555 111 - To give information to Crimestoppers anonymously.

Reporting antisocial behaviour

Depending on the nature of the antisocial behaviour issue, it may be dealt with by the Police or your local council. Click here for more details.

Contact us by post:

South Yorkshire Police Headquarters
Carbrook House
S9 2DB


If you’ve been a victim of fraud, you can report it to Action Fraud online using the secure online fraud reporting tool. You'll be given a crime reference number and your case will be referred on to the police force that investigates fraud. You can also call 0300 123 2040. In an emergency, always call 999.


To find your local policing team and contact them visit our local policing area of the website homepage and enter your postcode.

Public enquiry desks:

To find out where your nearest public enquiry desk is click here.

Contacting us from abroad:

Please use 0114 2196905 if you are calling us from abroad - Don't forget to add the international calling code (+0044)