BCD Management Team Meeting - 23 June 2011

BCD Management Team Meeting - 23 June 2011

Attendees:
C/Insp Adrian Moran  AM
Supt Jason Harwin  JH
Jane Walker   JW
Julie McVeigh   JMc
Lorraine Rogers  LR 
Rachael Greenfield  RG 
Rik Martin   RM
C/Insp Scott Green  SG
Simon Mottram  SM
Eric Mirfin   EM

Minutes:
Jennifer Marsh

Apologies:
Alison Oates   AO
Andrew Leverton  AL
John Dix   JD
Insp Shelley Hemsley  SH

1. Welcome & Apologies

JH opened the meeting and apologies were given as above. 

2. Minutes from Previous Meeting

The minutes from the meeting held on 12 May 2011 we agreed as a true and accurate record.

3. Action Schedule

Please see action schedule for updates.

4. Strategic Overview Updates

Force QRD

JH informed the meeting that discussion had taken place around where SYP were now and where we were going in the future.  Updates at the QRD included:

Performance update by AM and ACC Holt
HR/Finance Review Update
Joint working between CSD and SYFR

CC Hughes spoke in relation to SYP in 2015.  Discussion took place around the introduction of Police and Crime Commissioners and the potential impact upon SYP. RM informed the meeting that he had completed some work on the Chiefs vision.

Action 112: JH was to send out information on the context of the Chiefs vision to unit managers

Ops & Performance

EM informed the meeting that he had delivered a presentation on business continuity plans.  Other items discussed at the meeting included:

Caspre System – due to go live.  Performance visits were taking place to check the readiness of districts / departments for the new system
Hate Crime Audit – Noted that support had been received from the PAU
Performance Visits – ARLS now live at Doncaster with performance data to be looked at

Organisational Change Seminar

JH informed the meeting that SG and himself had attended a Organisational Change Seminar on 20 June 2011 where change leads from Forces across the country met.  Nick Herbert attended the seminar and delivered a speech which included information in relation to collaboration, but nothing in terms of performance.

JH stated that a presentation was delivered by Ch/Supt Matt Nichols and covered reduction in overtime and tasked SM to make contact.

Action 113: SM to contact Ch/Supt Matt Nichols in relation to the presentation he delivered on overtime at the Organisational Change Seminar

JH then spoke in relation to work completed on Transformational Change by Claire Radley who had been working with Gloucestershire Police.  It was agreed that LR would make contact with Claire.

Action 114: LR to make contact with Claire Radley regarding the transformational work she was currently undertaking

Health & Safety Meetings

JH informed the meeting that the actions arising from the recent BCD health and safety meeting were being actioned and that JM was to attend the health and safety meetings chaired by Jane Walker on behalf of BCD.

Workforce Implementation Group

SG spoke in relation to the CMU/CRB review which was to be led by Adrian Fox.  A targeted VER had been suggested due to the number of staff which needed to leave and Ian Watson was to write to them to gauge the interest.

Protective Services Board

SG informed the meeting that meals for staff working football was to be presented at the upcoming Diamond Board along with tolerance levels for exceptional reporting.
Humberside Visit

LR stated that the visit had been very useful  and that JD and herself had looked at the risks and potential actions required, which LR would circulate to the Management Team.  It was agreed that this would be an item on the next Management Meeting agenda.

Action 115: LR to circulate the findings, risks and potential actions arising from the recent visit to Humberside to the Management Team

5. Local Priorities

BCD Projects

Following discussion it was agreed that the following new projects be placed on the BCD TEN page:

PCC Implications – Owner LR
Transform Project – Owner JH
Leadership & Communications – Owner Management Team & SDG
Valuing Our Staff – Owner JH

Action 116: EM to inform Wendy Abbott to place the new project agreed by the management team on the BCD TEN page

Discussion took place around the current projects ongoing within BCD by unit and it was noted that all were up to date.

BCD Risks

The risks facing BCD were discussed as follows:

Policy – Due to policy staff leaving SYP, gaps were beginning to emerge which could have a potential impact upon the review.  RM was tasked to liaise with Paula Ibberson to establish
the current position.

Strike Action 30 June 2011 – JH informed the meeting that a Gold Command meeting had taken place where the potential impact had been discussed. 

Action 117: RM to speak with Paula Ibberson regarding the current position of the policy review in relation to staff leaving which was creating gaps in resource

PMU – Next 3 Months Delivery

AM provided the meeting with an overview of the work ongoing within the PMU for the next 3 months:

Productivity Framework – The final look of this was currently unknown and had been put forward as an agenda item for the upcoming Ops, Performance and Tasking meeting

Planning – Yvonne Duffin was soon to start as the new Strategic Planning Officer and a meeting was to take place with the Police Authority regarding planning

CJAD/OSS – Reports were now being delivered for these departments following the centralisation from the Performance Management review.

Department Performance Visits – to take place in August

Audits – Some were ongoing currently

6. Emerging Issues

GEN/14’s

There were 6 new GEN/14’s which were discussed by the meeting, which related to:

Tunstall Alarm Decoder
iProcurement
Industrial Action
Terrorists
Prevent
Crime Agency

Current Contracts / iProcurement Update

JW informed the meeting that she had a list on contracts held by BCD, but felt she needed to speak with unit managers to ensure all contracts were captured.  JW added that training dates for iProcurement for BCD staff had now been received.

Action 118: JW to speak with unit managers regarding contracts to ensure all were captured so they could be inputted onto the iProcurement system

Corporate Health Checks – Refresh Agenda

SG suggested that the level of CHC’s be raised to include more strategic items.  AM stated that a workshop had been held to look at improving CHCs and how to make them more robust.  AM added that further workshops were to take place and he would update the Management Team accordingly.

GRS Report Writing Curse

It was noted that BCD had been allocated 2 places on the course.

FOI Publication Scheme

JW informed the meeting that she was to meet with individuals to ensure that all of the information was captured as the scheme was a mandatory requirement for SYP.

Asset Management

JW stated that the asset plan was nearly up to date and that she hoped to be able to provide figures on how much could be saved by surrendering PCs and other equipment.

7. BCD HR

Closed session.

8. AOB

Flexible Working Applications

JMcV stated that she had received some applications for 9 day fortnights, which she would forward to JH.

New Review Starter

SM informed the meeting that Louise Houghton was soon to start at BCD.

Date: 

Thursday, 23 June, 2011 - 11:45