BDC Management Team Meeting - 10 March 2011

BDC Management Team Meeting - 10 March 2011

Attendees:
Alison Oates   AO
Christine Wilson-Bolton CWB
Geoff McDonald  GMC
Jane Walker   JW
Lorraine Rogers  LR (Chair)
Novia Hallows   NH
Rachael Greenfield  RG 

Minutes:
Jennifer Marsh

Apologies:
Alan Wilshaw   AW
Adrian Moran   AM
Supt Jason Harwin  JH
John Dix   JD
Rik Martin   RM

1. Welcome & Apologies

LR opened the meeting and apologies were given as above. 

2. Minutes from Previous Meeting

The minutes from the meeting held 10 February 2011 were agreed as a true and accurate record.

3. Action Schedule

Please see action schedule for updates.

4. Force Performance

Force Performance & Tasking

CWB spoke in relation to the new Force Performance and Tasking document, a joint document between PRU and FIB.  Emerging Themes meetings were taking place to ensure that all upcoming issues could be included in the document.  CWB had previously requested feedback on the document and had received some, although no feedback was received from BCD.  CWB then went through the document (please see PRU page for full document and details).

Crime Mapper

CWB provided an update to the meeting in relation to Crime Mapper.  It was noted that in the first hour it was launched, the site received 4-5 million hits.  The Crime Mapper site was to send Forces ‘hot spots’ for crime, in SYP’s case, Meadowhall and Wellington Street in Barnsley.

Discussion took place around eastings and northern (which show the exact location of a crime) although it was noted that some were only accurate to 100 metres of a crime so some crimes may not be logged in the correct area.  CWB added that two thirds of crimes were recorded to within a metre of the crime.

Police Authority Target Setting

CWB informed the meeting that the PA would be finalising the targets for the Force on 11 March.  Once the full details were known, CWB would circulate to the management team and publish on the PRU intranet site.

USB Dongles

CWB raised a potential issue with the use of USB dongles.  OSS currently ran some HR statistics using software on a USB dongle, which had been downloaded from the Internet.  PRU did not currently have this software and ISD would not install this onto a base unit of a PC.  This would soon become a problem as PRU would need to run this report (on flexi time) in the future and would not have the software to complete it.  CWB added that AM was working on this and it was agreed that AM would provide the cost of installing this software to AO.

Action 95: AM to provide details of the cost of installing the required software to run reports on OSS flexi time to AO

5. Business Plan

It was noted that not all projects had been updated and LR encouraged all managers to ensure this was completed as soon as possible.  A question was asked to see if the implementation for the PRU / Stats review had been placed on the Business Plan for Adrian Moran.  JM was tasked to check this. (post meeting – JM has checked and project is on BCD Business Plan for AM).

6. Risk Register

There were no risks to be reviewed until 1 April 2011.

7. GEN/14s

It was noted that Rik Martin had completed an over-arching GEN/14 for the Winsor review.

8. Finance

AO provided an update on the current status of the BCD budget:

2010/2011 – Excluding redundancy payments BCD were showing a projected under-spend of £30k.

The work on YVC with Cambertown and the purchase of the XIMES software need to be completed by 31 March as the funds for this were from the 2010/2011 budget. 

Training for new PRU staff – CWB stated that £5k would not be enough to pay for the training required for the new PRU staff.  CWB was tasked to send a list with worst case scenario costings to AO to try to secure funding.  AO suggested that training costs be included in the implementation stage of a review in more detail with costings.

Action 96: CWB to email training courses required with worst case scenario costings for new PRU staff to AO by 14 March 2011

AO added that BCD was on target for the efficiency saving and the budget saving plans.  GMC informed the meeting that he had received an invoice from the company which maintained the business plan software.  Funds had been allocated in the budget to pay for this.  After discussion, it was agreed that JW would be nominated as the SPOC for future invoices.

9. 3 Year HR Plan

RG informed the meeting that the plan had been submitted.  Changes were starting to be made to Oracle to show correct staffing details ready for 1 April 2011 and that letters would be sent to staff this week confirming their new roles at 1 April 2011.

10. Training

RG stated that the training plan had been submitted, but if there were any further training requirements, RG would be able to add them on.

11. Sickness

There were no areas of concern and it was noted that Kath Hill had returned from long term sick on reduced hours and that her last working day would be 16 March 2011.

12. Outstanding PDRs

It was noted that there were currently 9 outstanding PDRs for BCD.

13. Health & Safety

CWB raised that she was feeling uncomfortable with the heat around in PRU and that she had spoken with AM to possibly look at moving desks to a cooler location in the short term.

14. AOB

JW spoke in relation to desk moves and it was agreed a discussion would take place after the meeting.

Date: 

Thursday, 10 March, 2011 - 14:45