Cadets are ambassadors for South Yorkshire Police (SYP) acting as mentors and role models within their communities.
The overarching aim of the cadet scheme is to:
• give responsible, civic minded young people a positive experience with South Yorkshire Police
• develop positive relationships with the next generation
• provide young people with an opportunity to develop themselves within an established framework based around law and the police
• encourage young people to act as peer role models as they represent the South Yorkshire.
• Applicants must live in South Yorkshire
• Applicants must be aged 15-17 at the start of the programme
• Enthusiasm and commitment are essential
• No formal academic qualifications needed
• Dedication to attend one evening per week for two hours is required
• A smart appearance is required in line with the South Yorkshire Police dress code.
Please note that to qualify you will need to successfully pass Force vetting procedure and an 8-week probationary period.
If you are over 18-years-old, you might be interested in applying to become a Volunteer Cadet Leader.