Community Safety Department Management Team Meeting - 18 June 2010
CSD MANAGEMENT MEETING - 18 JUNE 2010, 11.00 am - NUNNERY SQUARE CONFERENCE ROOM
Supt Eddie Murphy - (EM) Chair
C I Iain Chorlton – (IC)
C I Paul Varley – (PV)
Insp Jon Johnson – (JJ)
Phil White - Performance Manager (PW)
Margaret Lawson – Performance Manager (ML)
Yvonne Duffin - Project Development Manager (YD)
Mick Hunter - Project Development Manager (MH)
Terry Haith – Office Manager (TH)
Duncan Batty – Lifewise Centre Manager (DB)
Ann Cassidy – Finance Officer (AC)
Jenny Webb – Minutes (JW)
Insp Gwyn Thomas
2. Nomination for Update Bulletin
Inspector Jon Johnson will provide an update bulletin to staff.
3. Standing Items
Declaration of Any Other Business
No other business was declared
Minutes of Last Meeting
The minutes of the last meeting held on the 26 May 2010 were agreed.
Action Schedule Update
Please see attached action schedule for updates and new actions.
Business Plan Update
YD & MH are looking at a process in relation to tasking and how it links into the Business Plan and the Risk Register.
1. EM & a nominated Manager to review any issues or any changes required on the Business Plan. The front page of the Business Plan is currently not up to date, to be discussed during the review.
ML raise the issue of the technical problems faced when updating the Business Plan.
2. TH to confirm who to report faults to when experiencing technical problems when updating the Business Plan.
CSD/ISD/BCD Brigading Plans
EM confirmed that the CSD/ISD/ BCD brigading is progressing, updates will follow.
As with the Business Plan YD & MH are working on a process in relation to any project related risks, this will be presented at the next meeting.
A new Purchasing Requisition Form will be implemented on Monday 21st June, this will apply to all financial purchases for the Department. A copy has been sent to all staff and saved on the ‘O Drive’. In relation to Lifewise it was agreed for the forms to be authorised by DB, but for Finance to be aware.
TH has met with the rep from Konica in relation to a colour upgrade for the photocopier. Due to the feedback of requirements from staff it was recommended that the current model was not adequate and for it to be upgraded to a higher quality model. Awaiting a decision from Facilities Management to proceed.
IC requested for the Prior Approval Form for motor mileage outside Force area to be re-instated.
3. TH to set up a templates folder on the O Drive for all forms used in the Department to be able to submit electronically.
TH provided a mileage calculator for all in force journeys, AC to dip sample claims.
EM confirmed that the Flavia machine in the Conference Room will be removed when stocks run out. Tea & Coffee facilities will be set up for visitors in the kitchen with the flask to be used for meetings taking place in the Conference Room.
EM stated that it would not be the responsibility of Admin to make or clear away any drinks.
There was a discussion in relation to providing an aerial for the TV in the kitchen, it was agreed for a booster to be tried first before pursuing the purchase of a new aerial.
Citizen Focus – Cultural Audit
Sgt Andy Harbon will lead on workshops to be set up in relation to the results coming from the Cultural Audit, feedback will be available to all staff.
With the Interim Budget and the Spending Review due to be published by the Government there is uncertainty in relation to funding.
5. Policy and Formulation
6. People Management
Liaison Officers are to be appointed to forge close working relationships with the Districts and raise the profile of the Community Safety Department, the nominated staff are as follows:
Beth Crome/Kate Robinson - Sheffield
Yvonne Duffin - Doncaster
Joanne Rimmer - Rotherham
Rachel Lilley – Barnsley
Beth Somerset will take the lead on IMS2
Richard Lewis will leave SYP on Wednesday 7th July
Melissa Cole will leave CSD to become a Police Officer on Friday 9th July.
There was a reminder to Managers to inform Evans Chisala & Ann Cassidy of any staff leaving their section.
Personal Development Reviews
PDR’s continue to make good progress.
There were no issues in relation to weekly leave for Officers or staff flexi time.
There was a discussion in relation to staff and Annual Leave and the issues caused if too many people are off at the same time. EM would like Line managers to manage Annual Leave appropriately to provide continuity of staff at all times for the Department, this will also apply to the Command Team.
Personal Safety Training
All compliant at this time
Health & Safety
No issues have been reported, the next meeting is to be held on the 30th June.
EM reminded everyone to use the fire board to show when in /out of the building.
NCALT – PDR8
Managers were reminded to ensure their staff have completed the PDR8 (Race & Diversity) evidence before the next Diversity Board Meeting on July 20th.
7. Partnerships & Resources – Update (IC)
In relation to the reporting requirement to the Police Authority, 2 papers have been requested:
How to evaluate the Partnerships.
Implications to Partnerships re the Government cuts.
A piece of work discussed at the Chief’s Event was‘Total Place’, which is all about co production with citizens helping to design and deliver the services that they use.
MH will lead on a piece of work that will do an analysis of the event and how to facilitate ‘Total Place’ within SYP.
8. Force Performance
EM urged for everyone to become familiar with the monthly Performance Reports to enable an understanding of how they drive our business.
9. Lifewise Centre – Staffing Issues
A discussion was held in relation to providing cover for the Lifewise Centre from all staff within the Department. It was agreed to identify a cadre of people to be called upon to assist in covering the Centre.
4. DB to provide a weekly/monthly diary sheet to TH to enable a register to be set up and managed for staff coverage at Lifewise.
5. Managers to ask their staff for volunteers to provide cover for Lifewise.
EM requested that the Inspectors, Sergeants and the PC of the Department are to become fully efficient in relation to the building and the running of the Lifewise Centre and are aware that they will be on the cadre for providing cover.
10. Current Future Projects – Update
EM is to meet with the Chief Inspectors to discuss the on going projects in Community Safety – update to follow.
DB offered an advertising oppotunity to the group, to utilise an old sign in Lifewise to show a positive performance message relevant to Community Safety for people to see when events are on going. It was agreed that this would be a good opportunity for CSD.
There was a discussion around playing the ‘Victim of ASB’ DVD continually in the background at Lifewise to capture an awareness when any event is running.
6. PW to forward the ‘Victim of ASB’ DVD to DB at Lifewise.
12. Good News Stories
TH is to erect a wipe board (as you enter the Department) for all staff to highlight ‘Good News Stories’, which will then be picked up by Stacey Hanley to take forward as a marketing opportunity for the Department.
PV - The funding for the Community Mapping Project has been approved.
- The Rotherham event for ‘Schedule 7, Section 44 Terrorism’ was well organised, well attended and is to be rolled out as a regional activity.
JJ - There is to be a funding website to be set up called ‘The Works’, which is run by Aperia, they are looking for a Police Force to work along side with which will link into funding for ‘Total Place’ initiatives.
PW - Reported on the achievement of the Department in organising and running the Chief’s Event.
YD - People have started to put their names forward for the IMS??? training
ML - Over 90% have attended the Crucial Crew event at Lifewise so far this year with 3 weeks to go until the event finishes.
AC - Anna Ward has completed exams for her final year of AAT and Carla Scott has just completed exams for Foundation Course.
IC - ‘Operation Allamein’ run by Simon Kirkham, has been awarded the ‘South Yorkshire Partnership Award’ and now the ‘Cutlers Award’ for South Yorkshire.
MH - To champion work related to a performance gap area identified from analysing SNA performance.
DB - Experienced teachers who have attended Crucial Crew have given positive feedback for the event.
EM requested that positive feedback should be recorded and forwarded onto the Chief Constable and the Senior Fire Officer.
13. Date of Next Meeting
Friday 23rd July, 1.00pm – 3.00pm - Conference Room, Nunnery Square
Action Schedule – 18.06.10
|Action 2 – 26.05.10||EM to speak with Martyn Sheldon in relation to the technicality issues Eddie Murphy and the lack of support in regards to the Prince2 NCALT Course.|
|18.06.10||A full report has been completed by Martyn Sheldon, EM to speak with Phil, Margaret and Marie in relation to the course - Ongoing|
|Action 3 – 26.05.10||PV to review the NPIA booklet brought in by ML to see if it is fit for Paul Varley purpose. 18.06.10 – (Merged with Action 4 see update)|
|Action 4 – 26.05.10||EM to speak with John Dix, Project Management, to see if there can Eddie Murphy be an internal module implemented for Project Officers. 18.06.10 – (Merged with Action 3) EM & PV to discuss how to adapt for CSD Project Officers.|
|Action 5 – 26.05.10||DB to research the possibilities of obtaining sponsorship for the pub Duncan Batty on set in order to raise the profile from TV companies who feature recognised pubs that are in fact not ‘real’ pubs. 18.06.10 – DB has contacted Yorkshire TV and is awaiting a response. EM suggested a timescale be implemented - Ongoing|
|Action 6 – 26.05.10||EM to look at the department website and how it fits in corporately.||Eddie Murphy|
|18.06.10||Stacey Handley is in the process of looking at the department site, which at this moment is not fit for purpose.||Ongoing|
|Action 8 – 26.05.10||Chief Inspectors to provide to EM a justified need for any of their staff to have a mobile phone, Blackberry or laptop 18.06.10 – Update from EM to follow.||Chief Inspectors|
|Action 1 – 18.06.10||EM & a nominated Manager to review any issues or any changes required on the Business Plan. The front page of the Business Plan is not up to date, to be discussed during the review.||Eddie Murphy / Nominated Manage|
|Action 2 – 18.06.10||TH to confirm who to report faults to when experiencing technical problems when updating the Business Plan.||Terry Haith|
|Action 3 – 18.06.10||TH to set up a templates folder on the O Drive for all forms used in the Department to be submitted electronically.||Terry Haith|
|Action 4 – 18.06.10||DB to provide a weekly/monthly diary sheet to TH to enable a register to be set up and managed for staff coverage at Lifewise.|| Duncan Batty|
|Action 5 – 18.06.10||Managers to ask their staff for volunteers to provide cover for Lifewise.||Managers|
|Action 6 – 18.06.10||PW to forward the ‘Victim of ASB’ DVD to DB at Lifewise.||Phil White|