SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE - POLICE CONSTABLE & DETECTIVE CONSTABLE TRANSFEREE VACANCIES
Transferee Applications are being sought for both Police Constables and Detective Constables.
For further information regarding transfering to South Yorkshire Police and how to apply, please click here
SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE – AUTHORISED FIREARMS OFFICERS
South Yorkshire Police are looking to enhance our capability and reputation by recruiting experience officers. Applications are being sought from Authorised Firearms Officers who can demonstrate that they are sound decision makers, especially when under pressure, have the ability to negotiate in challenging situations and are effective at diffusing situations.
Your role will be to act as an Authorised Firearms Officer in support of spontaneous and pre-planned firearms incidents. To provide appropriate support to districts to enable them to achieve both force and local priorities. To maintain operational currency and competency and to adhere to Authorised Professional Practice. The role of a Firearms Officer both locally and nationally continues to evolve in order to effectively tackle both serious and organised crime and terrorism.
Authorised Firearms Officers will work on a Specialist Support Team that form part of the Joint Specialist Operations collaboration between Humberside and South Yorkshire.
To be eligible to transfer to South Yorkshire Police, you must:
• Be a current serving police officer in a Home Office force
• Have no outstanding discipline or integrity issues
• Have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application, or able to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from the relevant country
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to a competency based interview. South Yorkshire Police test officers on the Police Professional Framework (PPF). Please see attached document. Those successful at interview will be required to undergo the following checks before appointment:
For informal enquiries, please contact Delyth Muhl on Tel : 0114 2197000 or at PoliceRecruit@southyorks.pnn.police.uk
Closing Date: 30th September 2016
If you're interested in applying please click here
South Yorkshire Police – Student Officer Recruitment – Transfer of Police SEARCH Assessment Centre Pass Marks
South Yorkshire Police are accepting the transfer of Police SEARCH Assessment Centre results.
The criteria for transferring your results is as follows:
- You must have attended a Police SEARCH Assessment Centre with another Home Office Force.
- You must have sat your assessment centre within the last 24 months.
- Your pass at assessment centre must be with an overall score of 55% or above. Please note that all minimum scores must also have been achieved.
- You must hold a Level 3 Qualification or above.
- You must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Please email a copy of your official SEARCH feedback report, your level 3 (or above) qualification certificate, full driving licence, a copy of your original application and the reason for your transfer request to: email@example.com
Please use the subject heading ‘South Yorkshire Police – Transfer Pass Mark Request’ on your email
Your transfer request will then be considered. Please note, we will not be able to consider your transfer of pass mark request until we receive all of the above documentation.
If your transfer of pass mark is accepted you will be required to undertake an in Force interview prior to move to the next stage of recruitment.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of transfer pass marks is 30th September 2016 at 23.55pm
Detective Chief Superintendent -
Head of Crime
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police is seeking to appoint a Detective Chief Superintendent as Head of Crime.
Applications are invited from Superintendents seeking promotion and substantive Chief Superintendents with the drive, vision and qualities to lead this critical function
About the role
This key leadership role will have responsibility for leading the Specialist Crime Services department that owns all aspects of crime investigation including the Force Crime Units, Major Incident Teams, Public Protection/ Safeguarding teams and Intelligence functions.
The successful candidate will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
- Be an inspirational leader with the ability to quickly take command of a range of diverse functions.
- Be a credible Head of Profession with experience of leading high quality Crime Investigation services.
- Have the ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels in order to effectively deliver excellent and high quality policing to the public of South Yorkshire.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes at a strategic level.
- Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of South Yorkshire.
Previous experience in Public Protection and Safeguarding is essential for this role.
Vetting and medical requirements for the rank of Chief Superintendent must be met before appointment.
Closing date for applications
To assist with the selection process candidates will be invited to attend a Familiarisation/ preparation briefing 16th September 2016.
Application packs must be returned by 17:00 on Sunday 18th September.
The selection process will take place on 27th September 2016.
More information and Application Pack
To request an application pack please contact email@example.com