Transferee Applications are being sought for both Police Constables and Detective Constables.
For further information regarding transfering to South Yorkshire Police and how to apply, please click here
Police officer recruitment is now open. You can register your details from 9.30am on 1 March until 11.59pm on 3 March. Click here to apply
We are recruting for a Chief Constable. If you're interested in applying please click here
SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE SERGEANT AND INSPECTOR PROMOTION PROCESSES
SYP SERGEANT AND INSPECTOR PROMOTION PROCESSES
PLEASE BE AWARE: THIS IS ONLY OPEN TO EXISTING SERVING POLICE OFFICERS
South Yorkshire Police faces diverse, complex and challenging demand on a daily basis. We are seeking those exceptional officers that are seeking promotion to (or are already substantive at) the ranks of Sergeant and Inspector to help lead our staff to deliver the best possible service to the public of South Yorkshire. We are looking for officers that are innovative, committed, professional and able to make critical decisions.
The process will be open to internal and external candidates and will comprise 3 stages - an application form, in-tray exercise and presentation and interview. Further details will be provided at a preparation workshop.
Please email Career Services email@example.com to book your preferred date:
- 5th July, Robert Dyson House, 1700-1900
- 6th July, Niagara 0830-1030
- 12th July, 1700-1900, Niagara sports and social club, Sheffield, S6 1LU [Please note that this date will also incorporate a familiarisation briefing for external candidates.]
The assessment will be based upon the Sergeant and Inspector personal qualities as outlined in the Policing Professional Framework. A manual of guidance along with documents outlining rank expectations for Sergeant and Inspector are provided with this advert and should be read prior to entering the process.
To be eligible you must:
- Have successfully passed your probation period
- Be OSPRE Part 1 qualified (within the last 5 years) OR OSPRE Part 1 and 2 qualified (no time limit) or be substantive at the rank applied for
- Meet the Force Attendance Criteria and Code of Conduct Criteria
- Have an up-to-date PDR with a minimum ‘Meets Expectations/ Satisfactory’ rating (external candidates must submit a copy of their most recent PDR within the last 12 months)
- Not be subject to UPP or have a live performance improvement plan
- Be willing to serve in any role and at any location in the Force area at the newly promoted rank at the discretion of the Chief Constable
- Be willing to undertake additional duties commensurate with the rank applied for as required by force demand. This may include being part of rotas, undertaking PSU duties etc.
- Accept that the order of promotion is completely at the discretion of the Chief Constable based upon organisational need.
For more information, and to complete the application please click here