Rotherham District Command Team Meeting - 12 September 2011
Rotherham District - COMMAND TEAM & STRATEGIC FINANCE MEETING - Monday 12 September 2011 @ 10.00am - Conference Room Floor 4 MSPS
Andrew Parker (Supt)
Jayne Cusworth (District PA) - Minutes
Caroline Rollitt (C/Insp Operations)
Nev Hamilton (C/Insp Partnerships)
Craig Robinson (DCI)
Colin McFarlane (C/Insp SNAs)
Kathy Barnes (HR Operational Partner)
Justin Rumball (OMA)
Emma Shaw (Staff Officer)
Richard Tweed (Chief Supt)
Mary Verity (Business Manager)
2. Standing Items
2.1 Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed as a true and accurate record.
2.2 Previous Action Schedule Updates
Action 1 - Rear Yard Security - DL is currently on AL and MV will contact asap. Carry Forward to Next Meeting on 19.09.11
Action 2 - Enquiry Desk Closures - MV absent from meeting, to be confirmed at next meeting. Carry Forward to Next Meeting on 19.09.11
Action 3 - Enquiry Desk Closures - All relevant parties have been informed and a further letter giving more information is to be sent to them today. Discharge
2.3 Declarations of Any Other Business
AOB recorded at point 2.5
2.4 Agenda Items
2.4.1 Business Plan
The Business Plan is due to be reviewed and updated at the meeting to be held on 26.09.11.
2.4.2 Risk Register
The Risk Register is due to be reviewed and updated at the meeting to be held on 26.09.11.
KB gave a brief update to the group on recent staff transfers across District.
A discussion was held between the group on the circulation of the NCALC stats. Information per portfolio would be beneficial and the names of individuals who miss any training. Accuracy of all these figures is vital and Oracle needs to be kept updated to ensure accuracy.
Corporate set training requirements per rank/role need to be identified to ensure that the minimum level of training is completed to ensure operational efficiency. A Learning and Development Board is currently being set up and this is an area that they will be looking at.
Accident statistics are provided on a monthly basis to the DCT. Both the Federation and Staff Associations need to be included in this circulation list.
JR circulated the OMA Financial Commentary, Revenue Monitoring Report, Overtime Report, Budget Saving Plan, Budget Holder Commentary for August and information on stored time over three months to the group. The main aspects of these reports were discussed amongst the group.
The number of OMAs across the Force are to reduce by two and as a result individuals currently in these roles have been moved across the Force. JR will be moving from Rotherham/CJAD to ISD/HR Shared Services and Rotherham and Barnsley will have EC as their new OMA. These changes will be effective from 01.10.11.
2.4.5 Overtime Review
Serious crime can have an effect on the overtime position but there has been no major increase in spend at present.
2.4.6 Citizen Focus
There were no issues or updates to be raised at this meeting. No significant issues were highlighted at the Board meeting where satisfaction, Your Voice Counts, JAG action plans and other actions plans were discussed..
The next District Performance Visit is scheduled to take place on 20.09.11.
Restorative Justice figures for Rotherham District are currently the lowest in the Force; C/Insp CR is holding a meeting on 15.09.11 with relevant partners to proceed further with this course of action.
The Rotherham Show took place on the 10th & 11th September 2011, there were no issues and the number of people attending the show was fewer than in previous years.
2.4.9 Health & Safety
Three officers have received injuries while on duty over the weekend. ADM 42s have been completed and submitted for all. The next District Health & Safety meeting is scheduled to take place on 05.12.11.
There were no issues or updates to be raised at this meeting
2.5 Any Other Business
Mobile Data - The use of BBs was discussed as the current two day training for the proper use of these devices seems excessive and there a large number of non attendees at the pre-planned training sessions. This is resulting in BBs not being used and the District is paying for a device that is not being utilised. Super Users need to be identified so that there are individuals who can move around District giving advice for the correct usage of the BBs.
SY Partnership Awards 2011/12 - Nominations are required for individuals to be put forward for these awards.
ACTION - DCT members are to liaise with their Insps to identify any individuals, officers and staff, who they consider suitable to be put forward for the SY Partnership Awards 2012.
CASPRE - Super Users for this system should be the first point of contact for any issues officers have with its usage. There are super users on each portfolio and these should be used properly and consideration given to moving around areas to provide correct instruction on usage. Users need to confident and sure of their understanding before using the system.
Neighbourhood Implementation - Proposed structures are required by the 24 September 2011.
Acting Sergeants - The names of these individuals are not included on the District Management circulation list. It was stated that this list would only include names of acting Insps.
Annual Leave - DCT leave over Christmas and the New Year was discussed and it was agreed amongst the group that each DCT member will cover one Bank Holiday day over this period.
Tasking Team - Metal/Misc Thefts are to be re-focused due to the slight increase in incidents. Rotation of NPG officers needs to be staggered and this will be taken forward by the DCI. Volunteers from SNA teams would also be beneficial.
Leadership Day Outcomes - The main aspects were that District demand/resources need to be addressed and that more reconfigured working and geographical structure is required. C/Insp NH is to present the outcomes at a future DCT meeting.
Mobile Fingerprinting Device - These are now in use and the District has two devices, one is based in the Insp office at MSPS and the other is at Maltby.
ACTION: ES is to liaise with CN to enable the guidance on usage information for the Mobile Fingerprinting devices to be placed on the Intranet.
2.6 Dates of Next Meetings
Next DCT Meeting - Monday 19 September 2011 at 10am
Next DCT / Business Plan Meeting - Monday 26 September 2011 at 10am
Next DCT / Strategic Finance Meeting - Monday 17 October 2011 at 10am
|Date Raised||No.||Issue||Owner/Priority||ACTION||Notes||Review Date|
|15.08.11||1||Rear Yard Security||MV||MV to contact FM to confirm who will fund the installation of the barrier at MSPS.||19.09.11|
|05.09.11||2||Enquiry Desk Closure||MV||MV to confirm with LB that everything is in place to enable the efficient closure of Maltby and Rawmarsh enquiry desks.||19.09.11|
|12.09.11||3||SY Partnership Awards||DCT||DCT members are to liaise with their Insps to identify any individuals, officers and staff, who they consider suitable to be put forward for the SY 2012 Partnership Awards.||19.09.11|
|12.09.11||4||Mobile Fingerprinting Device||ES||ES is to liaise with CN to enable the guidance on usage information for the Mobile Fingerprinting devices to be placed on the Intranet.||19.09.11|