1. How many custody suites have been permanently closed in the last five years? For clarity, I am looking for data from 2017 (as of today's date), 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012. Please break this down per year.
2. Please indicate how many of these were 24/7 custody suites.
3. How many individual cells were lost due to these closures?
4. How many suites are currently temporarily closed? Please state where these suites are.
5. How many suites are planned for closure in the coming two years?
6. Please state the total number of cells that have closed over the same period (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012).
7. Please state the total number of suites and cells open in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012.
I contacted our Business Manager for assistance with your request. Following a search of her system, she has provided me with the following information:-
- 4 Suites have closed in 2016 – Mossway, Ecclesfield, Rotherham Main Street and Snig Hill. The closures were part of the new build at Shepcote Lane and the 4 suites were amalgamated into Shepcote Lane.
- All suites were 24/7 Custody Suites
- Mossway – 11, Ecclesfield – 7, Rotherham Main Street – 18, Snig Hill – 25. However no cell capacity was lost as we migrated to the 3 suite model
- As Q3 but only in 2016 as the new suite at Shepcote opened – no cell closures in 2012 – 2015. No cell closures in 2017.
- 3 suites (Shepcote Lane, Barnsley, Doncaster) - Shepcote 50 cells, Barnsley 20 cells and Doncaster 38 ( but one cell not in use so 37 useable cells at the moment).