Could you please provide information on the following:
1. How many full time (warranted) police officers did the constabulary have based in schools, in 2016?
2. How many police community support officers (PCSOs) did the constabulary have based in schools, in 2016?
3. How many schools in the constabulary area had an officer based there (not including `named officers’ who are not based in a school), in 2016?
4. Does the constabulary have any plans to:
a) Expand the number of officers based in schools?
b) Reduce the number of officers based in schools?
5. Does the constabulary have a specific training programme in place for school based police officers?
6. How many schools within the boundary of the constabulary had a formal agreement in place with the force to work together (i.e. how many schools were part of a Safer Schools Partnership), in 2016?
7. Could you also provide a copy of your constabulary’s response to a request made in 2014 asking for exactly the same information for 2010, 2012, and 2014.
The information requested is not held in a single searchable database. I therefore approached the Business Managers at each of our four Districts to make enquires.
I have been advised of the following:
4. a. No b. No
5. No information held
4. a. No b. Yes down to 3 from July 2017
5. No, however attending a safeguarding courses run in conjunction with partners.
6. No information held.
3. No information held
4. a. No b. Officer now covers 2 schools as Academy has taken over another
3. Same as Q1?
4. a. No b. No
6. All schools are part of the Safety Schools Partnership