Your Local Policing Teams (LPTs) have arrived!
Barnsley became the second Local Policing Unit in South Yorkshire on Monday 8 June 2015.
Two LPTs have replaced the previous Safer Neighbourhood Teams (SNTs) in Barnsley, ensuring that all communities continue to have a visible, dedicated policing service.
Visit the ‘Changes to Local Policing’ section to read more about our new operating model.
You can phone 101 to contact your LPT or click the map below to visit your team’s site where you will find information about your named officers, local priorities and further contact details.
If you’re not sure when else to call 101, our new help and advice page will guide you in the right direction. You should always dial 999 if it’s an emergency.
Important information and crime prevention advice
Chief Superintendent Liz Watson’s priorities are:
Working Together we will:
- Reduce Crime and Antisocial Behaviour
- Reduce Crime by 8%
- Reduce Anti-social Behaviour by 10%
- Reduce Burglary of Peoples homes
- Reduce Violent Crime by 15%
- Maximise use of Proceeds of Crime Act
Protect Vulnerable People with a focus on the victims of:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Domestic Violence
- Hate Crime
- Distraction Burglary
Improve visible Policing
- Maintain staffing on the frontline
- Increase opportunities for patrol in key locations
- Maximise use of Technology to keep officers on patrol
- Maximise use of Volunteers and Support Services