Did you know that every community in Barnsley, including yours, has a team dedicated to policing the neighbourhood?
Safer Neighbourhood Teams (SNTs) were introduced two years ago to provide a dedicated policing service in the heart of local communities.
Barnsley has ten Safer Neighbourhood Teams that operate at a local level to build good links with the communities they serve. They are made up of police officers and council staff whose entire remit is to focus on the needs of the local community.
Important information and crime prevention advice
Chief Superintendent Andy Brooke’s priorities for the district are:
Working Together we will:
- Reduce Crime and Antisocial Behaviour
- Reduce Crime by 8%
- Reduce Anti-social Behaviour by 10%
- Reduce Burglary of Peoples homes
- Reduce Violent Crime by 15%
- Maximise use of Proceeds of Crime Act
Protect Vulnerable People with a focus on the victims of:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Domestic Violence
- Hate Crime
- Distraction Burglary
Improve visible Policing
- Maintain staffing on the frontline
- Increase opportunities for patrol in key locations
- Maximise use of Technology to keep officers on patrol
- Maximise use of Volunteers and Support Services