Vehicle Fleet Management Team Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

VFM Management Meeting

9.30am Wednesday 19 February 2014 - VFM Conference Room
MINUTES

1.APOLOGIES  Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM, (Chair)
                         Buckley, Jo (JH) – Driver Services Manager
                         Greenfield, Rachael (RG) – Departmental HR Partner
                         Kelly, Nicky (NK) – Operational Management Accountant
 ______________________________________________________________

   ATTENDEES  Day, Dave (DD) – Senior Fleet Manager,
                          Anderson, Steve (SA) – Fleet Manager, Bodyshop    
                          Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
                          Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
                          Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)


2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 22 January 2014 were approved as a true record.  The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 19 February 2014.

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.

4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Fleet of the Year Award
• Sandblaster
• New Compressor
• PCSO’s

5. DEPARTMENT STRUCTURE
5.1 Savings

Nothing further to report.

5.2 Planning for Doncaster Closure
AS felt the date for the move from Doncaster to Rotherham was unrealistic. The consultant is indicating that it is achievable so we are still working towards 31/03/14.  AS has had a meeting with Doncaster Districts Business Manager and Admin Team Leader to discuss the way forward for Doncaster vehicles.  AS has a number of issues for discussion as follows:
• Can the daily start time still be 7am (the Bodyshop currently start at 7.15am)
• At the Bodyshop, there are currently 2 MVTs working less than 5 days a week and others with Friday / Monday as non  working days each fortnight.  Could there be negotiations around non working days to provide better cover during the  week.
• Work load and distribution of vehicles between garages.
• Has there been clarification on what vehicle parking space will be available to accommodate the additional pool  vehicles etc
It was agreed to address these issues in a separate meeting.

Action 1 – 19-02-14: Mandy Stiles to set up a meeting to discuss planning for Doncaster closure, to include SG,DC, AS and DD.

6. FINANCE
Not discussed as NK not in attendance.

7. REGIONAL WORKING UPDATE
7.1 Tranman Upgrade

Not discussed as JB and SG not in attendance.

7.2  Fire Service
DD will meet with Ian Kemp from the Fire Service to progress this, with a view to starting the  service and maintenance of 32 Fire Service vehicles from 1 April 2014.

8. BUSINESS PLANNING
Nothing to report.

9. HUMAN RESOURCES
9.1 Diamond Review Update

Nothing to report.

10. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
Nothing to Report.

11. PERFORMANCE
11.1 Force Performance

The latest Force Performance figures taken from the intranet are still out of date at 25/11/13. 

11.2 VFM Performance
There are no VFM Performance figures due to the Tranman upgrade

12. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.

13. STOCK CONTROL
Plans are in place for end of year stock takes.

14. SUSTAINABILITY
Nothing to report.

15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
15.1 Fleet of the Year Award

SG reported that she had nominated the fleet for entry into the ‘Fleet News’, Fleet of the Year awards. After attending an interview last week, SG was notified that we have been shortlisted. The winner will be announced at the Fleet News Awards Ceremony on 20 March 2014.

15.2 Sandblaster
SA reported that the sandblaster was seldom used and taking up valuable space and so would like to sell it.  DD advised SA to sell it on the Bumble Bee Auction site.

15.3 New Compressor
DC reported that the new compressor will be trialled at Doncaster Dome.

15.4 PCSO’s
A discussion took place about what work the two PCSO’s could be given.

Action 2 – 19-02-14: Don Crawford to contact John O Malley, PCSO Supervisor to check what Health and Safety Training the PCSOs have had i.e. manual handling training and discuss potential duties at Rotherham Garage.

Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 19 March 201, in the VFM Con

Date: 

Wednesday, 19 February, 2014 - 14:00