Barnsley District Command Team Meeting

 

In Attendance:              Chief Superintendent Andy Brooke (Chair)

CI Debbie Mahmood, Safer Neighbourhoods

T/DCI Steve Handley, Crime Manager

Mary Verity, Business Manager

Amanda Sanderson, HR Operational Partner

CI Andy Hodgkinson, Response

 

Apologies:                   Superintendent Liz Watson, Operations

A/PS Gareth Hyde, Staff Officer

 

Copy to:                       Rachel Lilley, Barnsley District Liaison Officer

Lisa Ingham, Finance Officer

 

 

1.         APOLOGIES

 

  1. As above.

 

 

2.         MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING

 

2.1       The minutes of the last meeting dated 13 May 2014 were agreed as an accurate record.

 

 

3.         ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

 

3.1        PSU – Increase in StaffChief Supt. Brooke to liaise with Inspector McWalter in respect the issues.  Chief Supt. Brooke to then discuss with Commanders in respect of a corporate approach.  Ongoing.

 

 

4.         LOCAL CRIME & PCC POLICING PLAN

 

4.1        Summary of Year to Date Performance re. PCC Targets

 

Previously the Force recorded crime by month, however daily figures are now identified.  Although there was an increase in crime during May, this decreased in June.  All Districts with the exception of Rotherham have seen an increase in violent crime in public places.  Overall, all crime has decreased, particularly for burglary dwelling in the last 28 days. 

 

All crime is currently up by 10.4% (296 offences). 

 

ASB is down by 0.7%.

 

Burglary dwelling is up by 17% (36 offences). 

 

Vehicle crime has reduced by 7.2% (25 less offences).

 

Criminal damage has increased by 6.4% (31 offences).

 

Violence with injury is up by 26.7% (66 offences). 

 

Hate crime is up by 26.3% (5 offences). 

 

The positive outcome rate is up by 1.4% over the same period last year and is currently running at a 27.5% detection rate. 

 

 

4.2        Forthcoming Events/Operations

 

            The World Cup commences on Thursday 12 June 2014. 

 

The Tour de France will also overlap with the World Cup on a specific weekend; plans have been submitted for Public Order Management and work is ongoing around the crime reduction and patrol strategies.

 

Closed.

 

 

5.         PROTECTION FROM SERIOUS HARM

 

5.1        Closed.

 

5.2        Crime Outcomes

 

T/DCI Handley will deliver three Roadshows to Barnsley officers during June 2014 in relation to the 18 outcomes that will be required to finalise crimes from1 July.  The powerpoint will be circulated to the Command Team.

 

 

6.         DISTRICT MANAGEMENT/VALUE FOR MONEY

 

6.1        Update from Key Force Meetings

 

Tour de France.  The meeting discussed crime reduction – Barnsley’s plans are in line with the Force.

 

SYPB.  A HMIC Integrity Inspection will take place shortly of which Chief Supt. Brooke is the Force representative.  The team will be visiting Districts but no set dates have been identified. 

 

The Re-active CID consultation document has been circulated – the ??Diamond Team will meet with Command Team members. 

 

The CMU/CRB closure report was submitted with issues still experienced at Barnsley by the CMU centralisation raised by Chief Supt. Brooke.

 

The South Yorkshire Police brand and what this means to the public was debated. 

 

A new duty rota will replace GRS.

 

Chief Supt. Odell is progressing a project around a central Property Store.

 

Closed.

 

ACC Byrne spoke around the Force performance Signals for Noise.  DCC Holt has requested Scientific Support provide performance information down to CSI level to determine contribution to Districts. 

 

Closed.

 

A Services Review has been launched – Chief Supt. Barber will look at combining OSS and SCS and the savings associated with this. 

 

Reviews of Special Branch, the Safety Camera Partnership and a further review of the PNC Bureau is taking place. 

 

ACC Byrne will be challenging officers in respect of use of contact cards.  This topic will be raised as an agenda item within the Inspectors meeting.

 

6.2        OMA Financial Commentary

 

To be discussed within the Business Plan meeting.

 

6.3        Risk Register

 

Closed.

 

Business Continuity.  Not discussed.

 

6.4        Business Plan

 

Closed.

 

6.5       Human Resource Issues

 

Closed.

 

The use of Specials at the Tour de France event was discussed.  Currently the Specials are being deployed on a patrol plan within the Goldthorpe area due to a rise in burglaries.

 

Personnel & Welfare Issues.  Discussed.

 

Awards.  Not discussed.

 

6.6       Performance Visit Action Schedule

 

The next Performance Visit will take place on Tuesday 17 June 2014. 

 

6.7        Audit Reports

 

            Following the Bumblebee Cash Handling Audit, two recommendations for all Districts to action was forwarded.  These have been implemented at Barnsley.

 

6.8       Local Authority Liaison Officer

 

            PS Gill Blake is the new Liaison Officer working with Chief Supt. Brooke and CI Mahmood around partnership issues. 

 

 

7.         ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

7.1        No items.

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 10 June, 2014 - 10:00