VFM Management Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

MINUTES

1. APOLOGIES -  Day, Dave (DD) – Senior Fleet Manager VFM
   Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Partner
 _________________________________________________________________

   ATTENDEES  - Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
   Buckley, Jo (JH) – Driver Services Manager
   Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
   Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
   Kelly, Nicky (NK) – Operational Management Accountant
   Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)


2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 13 August 2014 were approved as a true record (17 September meeting was cancelled).  The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 19 November 2014. 


3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.


4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Christmas Cover
• Annual leave remaining
• Sting Vehicles
• BMW X Drives


5. FINANCE
5.1 Revenue and Capital Update
NK stated we are currently slightly under budget for the year by £16,000.  Vehicle sales have been good.  NK has requested an increase on contract inflation. Corporate Finance are holding this centrally but if an overspend occurs in this area, the budget will be available.  A vacancy factor of 3.75% is due to be notified for next year. NK said that the overtime budget for next year is likely to be cut.  NK to check the current overtime budget as it seems high but she believes that not all overtime charged to the VFM budget is correctly accounted for, as some should have been charged to EDL, mobile data project etc.  NK reported that next years budget will be set in the next few weeks.

Action 1 - 19.11.14:  Nikki Kelly to confirm accurate spend on overtime budget.

5.2 Trading Accounts
None produced.

5.3 Innovation Fund – Telematics Trial
At the Performance and Governance visit Mr Holt showed particular interest in this.  SG reported that the initial bid was accepted but still needs approval from the PCC.


6. REGIONAL WORKING UPDATE
6.1 Tranman Upgrade
JB reported there were still issues around the  web portal and the Tranman data page.
NK reported that a meeting had been scheduled for later in the year with regard to Tranmans interface to Oracle.  JB will be working with Sally Collins with regard to an upgrade to the screens for the mechanics.

6.2 Fire Service
There is currently one Fire service vehicle in the Bodyshop.  On the mechanical side there are some MOTs due in January.

6.3 Enabling Service Review
SG reported that she had met with Jackie Bland and a project manager from Humberside.  This review is in its early stages but Humberside have done a review, which changes how they work operationally and from this are looking further. The review will look at doing the same across SYP.  This will be presented to the South Yorkshire Policing Board in due course and terms of reference will be decided.  We will be contacted soon with regard to this.

6.4 District Review
This is ongoing and SG is attending workshops over the next few weeks.


7. HUMAN RESOURCES
7.1 Diamond Review Update
Doncaster Garage has been sold for £402,000. It was agreed this item can now be removed from the Agenda.

7.2 PDR’s
There is just 1 PDR currently outstanding.

7.3  Sickness
At the time of the Performance and Governance meeting, sickness was average but since the meeting we have some recent increases in sickness absence.


8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
SG reported that strike action is possible for 19 December and SG asked Managers to prepare for this.

8.1 Updating BC plans
SG stated that all Business Continuity plans need updating.  All Managers to review their own plans.


9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
SG said she will circulate this information once she receives it from Mel Palin.


9.2 VFM Performance
SG reported that a great improvement had been made on servicing of vehicles.

9.3 VFM Performance and Governance meeting
DCC Holt praised the Department as he had received good feedback from across the Force and Driver Services were praised for their performance. Mr Holt raised the issue of business interests, asking if everyone had got these registered.  DC  and AS were asked to raise this issue with their staff.


10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.


11. STOCK CONTROL
SG said she had still not had the results of the  recent audit and said she would follow up on this with Joe Oates.


12. SUSTAINABILITY
12.1 Electric Cars
The electric cars are ready to go.  Just waiting for the Press Office to get back to us with details of the launch, which is due to take place within the next couple of weeks.


13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1  Christmas cover
SG asked the Fleet Managers to pool resources if necessary and discuss options with her.

13.2  Annual leave remaining
As we are nearing the latter part of the leave year, letters were given to managers to pass on to individuals with over 2 weeks of un-booked annual leave remaining.

13.3  Sting Vehicles
Issues have arisen again with regard to the difficulty in keeping tabs on these vehicles.  All are out at the moment and we know where they all are. Not all vehicles have been for alarms to be installed yet.  SG to speak with DCI about tightening this up.

13.4 BMW X Drives
SG has a meeting with  the force solicitor on 2 December with regards to the issues with these vehicles.  If any future problems occur, the vehicle in question must be brought into the garages to be checked over and BMW must be informed of the situation.

Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 17 December 2014, in the VFM conference room.

Date: 

Wednesday, 19 November, 2014 - 09:30