Barnsley District Command Team Meeting

MINUTES OF BARNSLEY DISTRICT COMMAND TEAM MEETING

 

HELD AT 10 AM, TUESDAY 31 MARCH 2015

 

 

In Attendance:             Chief Superintendent Liz Watson (Chair)

DCI Debbie Mahmood, Crime, Safer Neighbourhoods/Partnerships

 

Apologies:                   Superintendent Shelley Hemsley, Operations

CI Andy Hodgkinson, Response

Mary Verity, Business Manager

Amanda Tankard, HR Operational Partner

Lisa Ingham, OMA

 

Copy to:                       Rachel Lilley, Barnsley District Liaison Officer

 

 

1.         APOLOGIES

 

  1. As above.

 

 

2.         MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING

 

2.1       The minutes of the last meeting dated 17 March 2015 were agreed as an accurate record.

 

 

3.         MANAGEMENT OF DISABILITY – INSPECTOR SIMON MELLORS

 

3.1       Inspector Mellors advised that of the 9 protected characteristics of which discrimination is deemed unlawful, SYP hold the most employment tribunals in respect of Disability.  There are two main areas to be mindful of: (1) where a person manifests a disability at work which will have some impact on how they work and (2) supervisors refuse to accept an officer has a disability and keep asking for proof either through a Doctor or diagnosis on paper.  Supervisors have also been known to move an officer to another area to be more intrusively managed.

 

There is a need for managers to look at a situation and determine if that person is disabled.  Disability is defined as where a person has a condition or impairment and that impairment is either likely to or has lasted for 12 months, further that impairment impairs their ability to carry out day-to-day activities.  Consideration of reasonable adjustments should be made by SYP as a result of a disability.

 

If a member of staff has declared a disability, this should be recorded with HR on an officer’s personal record; on that record agreed reasonable adjustments should be contained such as flexible working arrangements, training records.  Such information should also be highlighted on an officer’s PDR. 

 

If there are any issues, a managerial referral should be submitted to OHU - the Command Team will then receive an update from OHU with pertinent advice.  If an officer self refers, then updates will not be received.  ORIGIN is currently being updated – in the meantime an email to HR Services should be forwarded in order to notify of a disability.

 

A powerpoint presentation will be circulated.

 

 

4.         ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

 

4.1        ShopliftingCI Hodgkinson to prepare a GWN for the officers concerned.  CI Hodgkinson is awaiting final figures for the year end prior to the GWN being completed.  Ongoing.

 

4.2        Closed.

 

4.3        Closed.

 

4.4        Funded PCSOsAmanda Tankard to identify where the funded PCSOs are in order for the officers to be evenly allocated across the District.  Update awaited.  Ongoing.

 

4.5        Horizon Community CollegeLisa Ingham to identify Doncaster’s SLA job description.  Amanda Tankard to then collate an advert.  Updates awaited.  Ongoing.

 

 

5.         LOCAL CRIME & PCC POLICING PLAN

 

5.1        Summary of Year to Date Performance re. PCC Targets

 

            All crime has increased to 4.7%.

 

ASB is still showing a 4% increase.

 

Burglary dwelling has increased to 4.5% (an increase of 39 offences). 

 

Vehicle Crime has reduced to -5.8%. 

 

Criminal Damage stands at 10.2%.

 

Violence with Injury has increased to 15.7%.

 

Hate crime is up 59.5% in total felt to be due to positive reporting. 

 

5.2        Forthcoming Events/Operations

 

            The Queen will visit Sheffield this week.

 

            The Wombwell Horse Fair will take place on 18 April 2015.  Staff have been assigned.

 

 

6.         PROTECTION FROM SERIOUS HARM

 

6.1        Closed.

 

 

7.         DISTRICT MANAGEMENT/VALUE FOR MONEY

 

7.1        Update from Key Force Meetings

 

            Closed.

 

            Closed.

 

7.2        OMA Financial Commentary

 

Deferred to the next meeting.

 

7.3        Closed.

 

7.4        Closed.

 

7.5       Human Resource Issues

 

Establishment.

 

Update for the next meeting.

 

Personnel & Welfare Issues.  Discussed.

 

Closed.

 

7.6        Performance & Governance Meeting Action Schedule

 

The next meeting will take place on 17th April 2015.   Actions were discussed:

 

Consider opportunities in relation to the stolen goods market.  DCI Mahmood has provided an update to HQ.

 

Barnsley to review payments made in relation to top mobile users.  Update given by Mary Verity.

 

            DIP sample expenses.  Mary Verity has responded to this action.

 

District to consider tactical options in relation to tackling violence without injury.  CI Hodgkinson to progress.  Ongoing.

 

District to provide an update on operation in relation to offender management being undertaken by DI Hancock and DS Paul Brook.  DCI Mahmood to contact DI Hancock in respect of an update.  Ongoing.

 

Reinforce criming from the scene.  Completed – Chief Supt. Watson to update HQ.

 

Update in relation to how SNTs are briefed re. OCGs, activity required and also how their activity is measured.  Darren Glover has been requested to view other District’s ibrief information and format.  Ongoing.

 

7.7        Audit Reports

 

            There are no outstanding audit reports.

 

 

8.         ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

8.1       None.

Date: 

Tuesday, 31 March, 2015 - 10:00