Boundary disputes and property ownership

Disagreements over property ownership between separated couples, friends and family where the ownership of property is in dispute are civil matters and you should contact a solicitor. For further advice, please contact Citizen’s Advice on 03444 111444.

If the other party agrees to your proposed action, eg. The collection of belongings, but you are concerned for your safety, a police officer may accompany you to prevent a breach of the peace. 

Neighbour disputes over land are also civil and again, you should contact a Solicitor.

If, however, there are aggravating criminal factors, which may be classed as antisocial behaviour or harassment, please report these to us on 101.