Vehicle Fleet Management Team Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

VFM Management Meeting


MINUTES


1. APOLOGIES:  Kelly, Nicky (NK) – Operational Management Accountant
   Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Partner
 _________________________________________________________________

ATTENDEES: 

Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
  Buckley, Jo (JH) – Driver Services Manager
  Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
  Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
  Day, Dave (DD) – Senior Fleet Manager VFM
  Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)

2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 21 January 2015 were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 21 January 2014. 


3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.


4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Meeting with Insurance Department
• Meeting with Vivienne Davidson
• Cell Van Doors
• Staff Change at BMW
• All Season Tyres
• New Ramp for Rotherham Garage
• HGV’s
• Stand Alone Colour Printer


5. FINANCE
5.1 Revenue and Capital Update
On course for an under spend of £14,000 at year end.

Action 1 – 18.02.2015: Sarah Gilding to liaise with LH for Finance to put in place a new process to accurately identify which Budget overtime should be charged to,  VFM or another Department.

5.2 Trading Accounts
None produced.

5.3 Capital Vehicle Replacement / New Vehicle Framework
SG reported that the new frameworks are out but we are still contracted with Vauxhall and BMW up to the end of March.    Need to go back out to mini tender for specific types of vehicles.  North East and North West of England, Police Scotland and all of Wales are collaborating to form a ‘North’ buying group.  Our Regional Procurement will lead on this but involve the other Procurement Teams and a member of SCT will need to sign up to  agree what we want. There is still an ongoing issue with BMW 3 series which needs sorting out.


6. REGIONAL WORKING UPDATE
6.1Tranman Upgrade
Currently looking at the interface with Oracle.


7. HUMAN RESOURCES
7.1 PDR’s
No data available.

7.2  Sickness
No data available.

7.3 Staff changes
SG reported that the Deputy Head of Fleet, Dave Day has decided to take retirement and is due to finish work at the end of April 2015.  We will be looking to recruit to this post.


8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
8.1 BMW – 330 X Drive
This issue is still ongoing.

8.2 IS service level
It was noted that currently it can take up to 3 months for requested work  to be completed by Information Services.  It was agreed this should be addressed on the Risk Register.


9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
SG reported that she had sent out information on Force Performance to Managers recently.

9.2 VFM Performance
SG reported that servicing had built up a bit but this was due to an increase in non-scheduled work and staff fitting in annual leave before the end of the leave year.

9.3 Fleet News Award Update
SG attended the interview with Fleet News and has since been informed that SYP Fleet  have been successful in being nominated for the 200 to 1,000 vehicle category.  When the Fleet News magazine comes out on Thursday this week we will know who we are up against in this category.  The results are due to be published on 25 March 2015.

9.4 Apprentice of the Year Award
Kieran Potter who works at Rotherham Garage has been nominated by GTA for the national ‘Apprentice of the Year Award’. AS agreed to find out more details about this.


10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.


11. STOCK CONTROL
11.1 Year End Preparation
The year-end time table is out.  Write offs are being prepared and unused stock locations are being cleared.


12. SUSTAINABILITY
12.1 ULEV Bid
SG reported that we had not been successful in getting through.  However, we are still looking at more low emission vehicles and have arranged for a trial of an ‘I 3’ which is a range extender.  Driver Training will be appraising this next week.


13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 Meeting with Insurance Department
AS said he would send out a meeting invite to interested parties and meet up to discuss issues both Departments were having with the Tranman accident reporting portal.

13.2 Meeting with Vivienne Davidson
AS reported that he had had a positive meeting with Vivienne Davidson, which he found very worthwhile.  She agreed to supply AS with proformas that can be utilised for certain situations.  AS encouraged other managers to arrange to meet with her.

13.3  Cell Van Doors
AS reported  that an incident had taken place at North Yorkshire Police when a cell van door had been kicked open by its occupant.  A fix has been circulated for this problem and so it is necessary to call all the Vivaro’s in so the fix can be completed.  AS will liaise with  Andy Stockdill at WYP to ensure we order in the correct fittings to complete the fix.

13.4 Staff change at BMW
DD reported that Nathan Keegan had BMW left but there’s no replacement in post yet.  When the new 3 – 30 or X5 comes through, all details should be sent in the interim to Andrew Buxton. AEK and AEL will be sent through soon.

13.5  All Season Tyres
SG asked for feedback about these and comments were all positive.  DC said he had received a further stock of these tyres which are being fitted to Barnsley vehicles as they come through the garage.

13.6 New ramp for Rotherham Garage
It was agreed that 3 x quotes should be obtained for a new ramp for Rotherham Garage.

13.7 HGV’s
It was agreed to review the list of HGV’s to decide what can be serviced and maintained ‘in house’ and change the details on Tranman for any that do come in house. A review can then be done on spend for the remaining HGV’s to decide if a contract is necessary or not.

Action 2 – 18.02.2015: Dave Day to obtain a list of HGV’s and ensure any changes are made on Tranman with regard to where future service and maintenance takes place.

13.8 Stand Alone Colour Printer
AS has raised a ticket with IS to supply a standalone colour printer for use with the stand alone Audatex system.  It was agreed to cancel this and place the order through ‘Buy It’.

Action 3 – 18.02.2015: Mandy Stiles to place an order for a colour printer for use with the Audatex system as the current printer no longer works.

Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 18 March 2015, in the VFM conference room.

Date: 

Wednesday, 18 February, 2015 - 09:30