Lost property

South Yorkshire Police operates a principle of not accepting or retaining any items of found property unless there is a legal requirement to do so.

Any reports of lost property will be recorded on the lost property area of the force property-handling database.

To report the loss of a Passport, Personal ID Card, benefit Payments or items with an estimated value over £200 you should attend in person at an enquiry desk.

Lost mobile phones should be reported in person at an enquiry desk.

Before you can report a lost phone to us you need to:

1. Contact your service provider to block the phone - this may take up to 48 hours

2.Have your IMEI number ready, so a report can be made.

If you live outside of South Yorkshire, but your phone has been lost in the South Yorkshire area our enquiry desk will take a report over the phone. You must have blocked the phone and have your IMEI number to hand.

For details of enquiry desks across South Yorkshire please click on the link below. 

Enquiry desks

Any reports of found pedal cycles – please contact your local council – details below

Barnsley                             01226 770770

Rotherham                         01709 336003

Doncaster                          01302 736000

Sheffield                            0114 2734567