Barnsley District Command Team Meeting

 

In Attendance:             T/Chief Superintendent Tim Innes (Chair)

Mary Verity, Business Manager

Lisa Ingham, OMA

Amanda Tankard, HR Operational Partner

CI Mark James, LPU Ops.

 

Apologies:                   Superintendent Shelley Hemsley, LPU Operations

DCI Debbie Mahmood, LPU Crime Manager

 

 

1.         APOLOGIES

 

  1. As above.

 

 

2.         MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING

 

2.1       The minutes of the last meeting dated 7 July 2015 were agreed as an accurate record.

 

2.2       Following discussion it was agreed that the Command Team and Business Plan meetings would be combined.  A future agenda will be drafted by Mary Verity and Jayne Smith.

 

 

3.         ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

 

3.1        No actions were set from the last meeting.

 

 

4.         VULNERABILITY

 

4.1        CSE.  DCI Mahmood is currently reviewing the Vulnerability portfolio from a CSE, DA and MH perspective.  Action:  DCI Mahmood to update the next meeting in respect of progress around the Vulnerability review and any existing gaps.

 

4.2        MFHs.  CI James is reviewing the management of recent MFHs. Action:  Update for the next meeting.

 

4.3        Mental Health. All 9 recommendations have been approved by SCT.  Action:  T/Chief Supt. Innes to circulate the formally approved MH paper.  This will also become a presentation to both SYPB and the PCC. 

 

4.4        ASB.  District are reviewing ASB levels in light of the LPU restructure.

 

 

5.         CRIME

 

5.1        Overall Crime

 

Within the bounds of the upper and lower limits with no major concerns. 

 

5.2        Closed

 

 

6.         DISTRICT MANAGEMENT/FORCE STRATEGIC UPDATE

 

6.1        Recognitions & Awards

 

Nominations are being submitted for the Award Ceremony.  A Team Award has also been included this year.

 

6.2        Standards

 

Action:  Supt. Hemsley to review membership of the Operational Delivery Group and if appropriate bring in staff that are practitioners in a point of delivery.    

 

6.3        Closed.

 

6.4        Risk Register

 

            All risks have been updated since the last meeting.

 

6.5        Business Plan

 

            To be updated once the system is functional.

 

6.6        Closed

 

 

7.         COMPASS

 

7.1        Action:  DCI Mahmood to review the Support Hub resourcing with a view to a feasibility report for re-organisation into a COMPASS hub within the next 3 months.

 

T/Chief Supt. Innes to brief the Command Team around COMPASS – meeting to be scheduled.

 

 

8.         Closed.

 

 

9.         ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

9.1        AVA Kit/Footage.  Bespoke computers can be purchased and software downloaded which will allow officers to view the footage from any incidents and capture stills for circulation.  A request has been submitted for two pieces of kit, one each at Wombwell and Barnsley which has since been approved.

 

9.2        Agile Working/Kit.  A project is running where kit will be circulated to four identified user groups within South Yorkshire.  Project funding has been established and the kit will shortly be put on the buy it system. 

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 21 July, 2015 - 10:00