Barnsley District Command Team Meeting

 

 

In Attendance: T/Chief Superintendent Tim Innes (Chair)

Superintendent Shelley Hemsley, LPU Operations

Mary Verity, Business Manager

Lisa Ingham, OMA

A/PS Gemma Silcock, Staff Officer

 

Apologies: DCI Debbie Mahmood, LPU Crime Manager

Amanda Tankard, HR Operational Partner

CI Mark James, LPU Ops.

 

1. APOLOGIES

 

1.1 As above.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING

 

2.1 The minutes of the last meeting dated 21 July 2015 were agreed as an accurate record.

2.2 Operational Delivery Group. Supt. Hemsley proposed that the ODG staffing would consist of 1xSupt., 2xCIs, all District Inspectors, Mary Verity and Heather Scothern. Other staff to attend on an ad hoc basis in order to provide any updates. The ODG meeting will replace the scheduled Inspectors meetings.

 

3. ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

3.1 CSE. DCI Mahmood to update the next meeting in respect of progress around the Vulnerability review and any existing gaps. Supt. Hemsley advised CSE, MFHs, repeat and vulnerable victims will be progressed within scheduled Vulnerability meetings. Discharged.

3.2 MFHs. CI James is reviewing the management of recent MFHs – update for the next meeting. As above. Discharged.

3.3 Closed.

3.4 Standards. Supt. Hemsley to review membership of the Operational Delivery Group and if appropriate bring in staff that are practitioners in a point of delivery. See item 2.2. Discharged.

3.5 Closed.

3.6 COMPASS. DCI Mahmood to review the Support Hub resourcing with a view to a feasibility report for re-organisation into a COMPASS hub within the next 3 months. Ongoing.

T/Chief Supt. Innes to brief the Command Team around COMPASS – meeting to be scheduled. Briefings will be arranged. IOM cohorts were discussed. Discharged.

 

4. VULNERABILITY

4.1 Closed.

4.2 MHF. The MFH processes, staffing and a potential escalation policy was debated.

4.3 Hate Crime. Supt. Hemsley is now the hate crime lead.

 

5. CRIME

5.1 Closed.

 

6. F.I.R.S.T.

6.1 Code of Ethics

A presentation has been produced for the peer-to-peer briefing. A number of staff have been trained to deliver this and all Force staff will be briefed.

6.2 Recognitions & Awards

The Award Ceremony nomination winners will be identified at the end of August. All duty groups will be reminded to recognise their staff in respect of any good work.

 

7. FINANCE/ HR /BUSINESS

7.1 Closed.

7.2 Human Resource Issues

Closed.

Personnel & Welfare Issues

Two flexible working applications are still in progress. Welfare issues were discussed.

7.3 Risks

Current

All current risks have been assessed and updated.

7.4 Business

Accommodation

Barnsley Community Services Enforcement Team. Costs have been received from FM in terms of the refurbishment work. ISD have been requested to provide costs re. movement of data points.

Closed.

PACE 9 Interview Kit. Transfer of the kit across to Kendray amounts to £535 each way. Although the kit is already in place at other stations, it was felt that as Kendray is the nearest station to Barnsley, that installation should be approved. Paula Ibberson will be approached for the costs to be borne by the Custody Project.

Audit Reports

An audit has taken place relating to high value seized property such as drugs, money and jewellery. A debrief is awaited.

Projects

The 4 projects cannot currently be accessed due to software issues. This is being addressed.

 

8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

8.1 COMPASS

Discussed.

8.2 It was agreed that future Command Team meetings will take place on a monthly basis, scheduled in order to ensure that any financial information is current.

8.3 Lisa Ingham advised that from the 1st October 2015, Guido Ngandu would be the OMA for all four Districts. Lisa was thanked for her support and input within the meetings.

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 4 August, 2015 - 10:00