Vehicle Fleet Management - Management Team Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

MINUTES


1. APOLOGIES:  Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Partner

 _________________________________________________________________

ATTENDEES: Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
  Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager
  Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
  Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
  Hawley, Louise (LH) – Operational Management Accountant  
  Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)


2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 15 April 2015 were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 20 May 2015.


3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.


4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Fire Alarm
• Compressor From Doncaster
• Bluetooth Not Working in SCT Cars
• Secure Gun Storage
• In Vehicle Laptop Chargers


5. FINANCE
5.1 Revenue and Capital Update
Monthly results are not done in April. LH reported that the budgets have been set up and copies will be sent out to the Management Team.  There are three projects in the Capital Scheme for this financial year:
• Tranman project – LH is in the process of updating the scheme brief
• Vehicle Replacement Programme
• Telematics project

Action 1 – 20.05.15: Louise Hawley to send copies of the budget out to all in the Management Team and provide SG with the carry forward/slippage figure on the Vehicle Replacement Programme  and what the savings are on the Diamond Review.


5.2 TRADING ACCOUNTS
None produced. LH will set these up for this Financial Year and send to SG, once done.

5.3 CAPITAL VEHICLE REPLACEMENT/ NEW VEHICLE FRAMEWORK
SG reported that the new vehicle framework has been out to tender and the responses are now being evaluated and reviewed.  All tenders meeting the criteria set will go forward to an e-auction to take place on 4 June 2015.  This is a new step in the process where there is a window of time where the potential suppliers bid and change the prices originally submitted if they want to.  SG will attend to observe this happening.


6. COLLABORATION
6.1Tranman Upgrade
SG reported there is a Tranman upgrade meeting this afternoon with a company called Hexaware, to discuss the interface between Tranman and Oracle. 
SG reported that she had meetings arranged with a number of organisations who are interested to meet with regard to what we are doing with Tranman and Fleet; the Fleet Manager from Durham Police, East Midlands Ambulance Service and Sarah Wood from Staffordshire Police and Fire Service.
SG will also arrange another meeting with SY Fire Service soon to discuss any further opportunities and what more we can do with them.

6.2 STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
SG reported that she had attended the first joint management meeting that NH had held between SYP and Humberside as he is now in charge across both Forces for day to day business.

6.3 STORES HUB - CHURCHILL WAY
SG reported that it has been agreed to have a stores hub at Churchill Way.  This will be a benefit to ourselves as a Department as well as Regional Procurement and the Force as this will allow FM to close the Stores Hub at Hayes House, as uniform items will come here, rather than be collected from Hayes House. This means a dedicated stores driver will no longer be required as Drivers visiting all parts of the Force area will take items out as and when, so savings equivalent to a van and a driver will be made for VFM. The room between Driver Services and the Fleet Managers Office has been identified to use for this purpose, The networked computer currently in this room will be moved into the Reception area.  The other diagnostic equipment from this room can be plugged in and used from any electrical socket.


7. HUMAN RESOURCES
7.1 PDR’s
All PDRs for staff within Churchill and Rotherham Garages have been completed.

Action 2 – 20.05.15: Mandy Stiles to check with Karen Lilley with regard to JB’s changed role to confirm if 12 and 20 week reports should be completed rather than a PDR.

7.2  SICKNESS
Nothing new to report.

7.3 VER
SG reported that there are six applicants for VER.  The operational panel met last week to discuss these applications and the SCT VER panel will meet next week.  SCT met yesterday and Managers were asked to revisit any applications not approved or that were approved with conditions, to see if there are any other ways to be able to approve more applications, as those applications currently approved, only give 4 million in savings, when 8 million is wanted.  SCT have also asked that all current vacancies be assessed, to see if they can be given up.  In addition, they raised the issue of terms and conditions being reviewed, especially where SYP offers more that the National average e.g. disturbance allowance – SYP pay this for 4 years where as nationally its 1 year.

7.4 FLEXIBLE WORKING REVIEW
A review of flexible working will take place as part of the wider review process. As part of District reviews, everyone has had to re-apply for their flexible working arrangements. This has been reviewed against a hierarchy of need and applied to individuals circumstances.  This will be extended across the Force.

7.5 RECRUITMENT / VACANCIES
Covered earlier.


8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
The risk register needs to be reviewed; SG will do this before the next meeting.

8.1 BMW – 330 X Drive
SG reported that the BMW is still at Farnborough.  BMW have carried out some repair work and now want to arrange for the vehicle to be tested at speed by an officer whilst they are present, along with people from NAPFM Technical Committee and someone in a national Driver Training lead.

8.2 CAMERA TRIAL
SG reported that 2 x front facing cameras have been installed in Sheffield District Beat vehicles for a 30 day trial.  This is something that has come out of the Pursuit Steering Group to try to mitigate risk for the Force. The footage can be useful in verifying information and protecting people.  The evaluation of the trial will consider the risk versus the cost of installing these cameras in vehicles.


9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 FORCE PERFORMANCE
SG sends this data out directly to the Management Team.

9.2 VFM PERFORMANCE
SG thanked everyone for the effort put in to rectify the position with overdue services and was very pleased with the good position we are now in.

9.3 STANDARD TIMES PROJECT
JB reported this was ongoing and that two further meetings should bring this to its conclusion.

9.4 SERVICE SCHEDULE REVIEWS
There is a need to reinvigorate this process and where things lie between what we do and the manufacturer’s recommendations.  We are looking at Filter changes and what the manufacturer recommends and bringing this into the matrix.


10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.


11. STOCK CONTROL
DC reported a problem with obtaining tyres for Mercedes Vito’s as Goodyear have been unable to supply Continental tyres and is also having problems getting tyres for the Amperas.  It was agreed to place an order and leave it in place for fulfilment when stock is available.


12. SUSTAINABILITY
SG reported that Eco Stars are wanting to do a review of where we started to where we are now.


13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 Fire Alarm
Dave Poore came out to look at the problems with the fire alarm but wasn’t sure if the repair is for FM or VFM to pay. The doors also need to be looked at now.  Dave Poore will come back to us on these issues.

13.2 COMPRESSOR FROM DONCASTER
DC reported that this compressor is not powerful enough to run the whole garage; so it can be sold.

Action 3 – 20.05.15: Don Crawford to e-mail SG with the details of the compressor (from Doncaster) so that it can be disposed of correctly and written off, as per Force Policy.

13.3 BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING IN SCT CARS
SG had spoken to some members of SCT yesterday about this issue.  DC reported that ACC Lees had been upgraded yesterday and was now working.

Action 4 – 20.05.15: Don Crawford to contact Chris Angel to discuss the issues with regard to Bluetooth (in SCT vehicles).

AS said that we need a laptop with a minimum of windows 7 on it in order to run the BMW system updates.  DC said that Vauxhall send letters and updates to the Store Keeper.  It was agreed to ask NH to bring his vehicle in so that it can be sent to the dealers in order to resolve the Bluetooth issue in the meantime.

Action 5 – 20.05.15: Don Crawford to call in the vehicles that have a Bluetooth issue and book them into the dealers to effect an update to the system or fix the problem.

13.4 SECURE GUN STORAGE – H&S ISSUE
FSG have asked for a means of securing a gun in the foot well of the vehicle.  However, the plastic replica gun provided is not the size and shape of the actual gun used.  This issue was discussed and way forward agreed.  SG to update Andy Hellowicz.

13.5 IN VEHICLE LAP TOP CHARGES
Complaints have been received that the laptop charging cable provided for vehicles is not long enough.  It was agreed with Information Services at the outset that a fixed and short cable must be used, which is for charging purposes only. If the cable was longer it could get trapped in the seating track mechanism. The laptops are not meant to be used in vehicles for long periods of time.

Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 17 June 2015, in the VFM Conference Room.


 

Date: 

Wednesday, 20 May, 2015 - 09:30