Vehicle Fleet Management - Management Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

MINUTES


1. APOLOGIES:  Hitchen, Glen (GH) – Operational Management Accountant
   Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Manager
 _________________________________________________________________

ATTENDEES: Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
  Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager
  Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
  Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
  Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes) 


2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 15 July 2015 were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 19 August 2015.


3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
Nothing to report.


4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Oil for Peugeots
• Tranman Recording Issue
• Fiesta for Disposal
• Rotherham District Meeting


5. FINANCE
5.1 Revenue and Capital Update
In month, there is a underspend of £31,000 and year to date we are projecting an underspend of £161,000.

5.2 TRADING ACCOUNTS
SG will send the information LH provided her with, to all managers.

5.3 CAPITAL VEHICLE REPLACEMENT / NEW VEHICLE FRAMEWORK
SG reported that a small number of Peugeot 208’s and 308’s are on order.  SG reported the van (CATF)  part of the framework agreement is still being finalised by Regional Procurement and Legal Services.  All 22 Regions are on hold with regard to this issue. SG also explained that the future of District response vehicles was to be discussed at the South Yorkshire Policing Board with Commanders next week to explore where we can go with this.

6. COLLABORATION
6.1 Strategic Partnership
No update.
 
6.2 STORES HUB AT CHURCHILL WAY
This is progressing and the area on the first floor identified for Tailoring, has been provided with racking and we are now waiting for a door to be fitted.

6.4 FIRE SERVICE
Another meeting took place last week but the review is still at the stage of collating information. AS, JB and a technician from the Bodyshop, looked around the site at Eastwood. It is an excellent site, which looks large enough but lacks security and will need money spent on it in order to upgrade it to accommodate our staff. 

7. HUMAN RESOURCES
7.1 PDR’s
There are 2 outstanding which will be completed in the next 2 weeks.

7.2  SICKNESS
No figures available.

7.3 RECRUITMENT / VACANCIES
• SG reported that approval has been granted for 3 apprentice technicians to be recruited. 
• The Support Service Manager post has been advertised but has now been put on hold due to   the Fire Service project. This will be reconsidered when the Fire Service Review is   completed.
• Interviews for the driver post will take place early in September.
• Looking to recruit someone on a temporary basis to resolve the staffing issues we are   currently experiencing at the Bodyshop and to forward plan for the  vacancies that will   arise due to retirements next year.


8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY

8.1 BMW – 330 X Drive
SG reported that the x-drive is at MIRA this week for testing and she will be attending on Friday when the results will be available.


9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
SG sends this data out directly to the Management Team.

9.2 VFM Performance
DC reported that servicing was steady, averaging 10 overdue for the last few weeks.  There are under 10 defects at the moment, which considering the current holiday period, is excellent work.

Action 1 - 19.08.2015: Jo Buckley to e-mail out to staff the current position on servicing and a ‘thank you’ for their hard work.

Action 2 - 19.08.2015: Jo Buckley to collect data on vehicles used for T-Pac and how often they are coming in for repair.

SG reported that we have been shortlisted for the Commercial Public Sector Blue Light Fleet of the Year award.  The results will be announced on 24 September 2015.

9.3 Standard Times Project
This project is coming to fruition.  The cam belt information needs finalising and we are waiting for MOT decisions, which will pull everything together.  A final meeting will take place shortly.  JB was pleased with the work done by the technicians involved in this project.

JB reported that she is doing a new report which indicates which vehicles are coming back into the garage repeatedly.  This will be used for monitoring purposes.


10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.


11. STOCK CONTROL
Nothing to report.


12. SUSTAINABILITY
Nothing to report.


13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 Oil for Peugeots
DC stated that we need to check what oil is recommended for Peugeots as we currently have Magnatec in stock.  SG stated that the NE Regional representative for training will bring this and other issues up at the next NE Regional Meeting, so the information will feed down from there.

13.2 Tranman Recording Issue
AS stated that he has had issues with the ‘close W’ entry with Insurance.  AS has agreed from now on that he will add ‘job completed’ to the notes in the accident box.  This will indicate that Rotherham Workshop have finished the job but it is then still available for Insurance to complete to closed.

13.3 Fiesta for Disposal
AS asked if the telematics had been taken out of this vehicle.  DC confirmed that it had.

13.4 Rotherham District Meeting
AS reported he had been asked to attend a meeting at Rotherham District tomorrow at 1pm, which will be addressed by the Police and Crime Commissioner.

Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 19 September 2015, in the VFM Conference Room.

 

Date: 

Wednesday, 19 August, 2015 - 09:30