Vehicle Fleet Management - Management Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
 
VFM Management Meeting 
 
MINUTES
 
1. APOLOGIES: Hitchen, Glen (GH) – Operational Management Accountant
Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
_____________________________________________________________
 
ATTENDEES: Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager
Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Manager
Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)
 
 
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 19 August 2015 were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 17 September 2015. 
 
 
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
Action 1 – 17.09.2015: Sarah Gilding to discuss with Glen Hitchen how we can identify the costs for collision damage.  This is important when we are looking at our own costs and when benchmarking with others.
 
Action 2 – 17.09.2015: Sarah Gilding to contact VOSA to invite them to come out and check our facilities with regard to MOTs and clarify the frequency of refresher MOT courses.
 
Action 3 – 17.09.2015: Mandy Stiles to e-mail the Training Department to check that MOT Courses and MOT Refresher courses are being recorded on staff records.
 
 
4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Bikes and PCSO Reductions
Car Valeting
 
 
5. FINANCE
5.1 Revenue and Capital Update
No update.
 
5.2 Trading Accounts
No update.
 
5.3 Capital Vehicle Replacement / New Vehicle Framework
SG reported that tenders are being evaluated for the van (CATF) part of the framework agreement and this will go to e-auction next week.  Orders can be placed after 5 October 2015.
 
 
6. COLLABORATION
6.1 Strategic Partnership
SG reported that a number of reductions are due to take place within roads policing but this won’t happen until April 2016.  In the meantime SG has asked that any OSS vehicles that need replacing are looked at on a case by case basis.
 
SG reported that 5 rear wheel drive BMW’s have been ordered as response cars.
 
6.2 Stores Hub Churchill Way
Still progressing.  A contractor will be attending on 23/09/2015 to fit a door to the tailoring area on the first floor.
  
6.4 Fire Service
Still waiting for plans to come in from Tecalmit, Garage Equipment Specialists and Euro Car Parts.  This is the catalyst to evaluating the costs and whether the project will be viable or not.  SG is still reviewing the staffing information.
 
 
7. HUMAN RESOURCES
Flexible Working Policy Update
KL reported that an e-mail will be sent out to all Districts and Departments with regard to the new policy being rolled out, which will be updated on the HR Knowledge database.
 
7.1 PDR’s
No information available from HRSS.
 
7.2 Sickness
KL explained that the absence reports should be out on Friday.  She reported that the whole way we manage absence is going to change and improve. A new electronic recording system is being introduced called BEI which should provide information that is more useful.
 
7.3 Recruitment / Vacancies
SG raised the issue of the number of MVTs at Rotherham as it had been agreed to re-visit this after VER had taken place.  Expressions of interest will be sought from MVTs at Churchill Way for the opportunity to transfer to Rotherham as the workload is greater there at the moment.  If more than one person is interested, there will be a selection process.  KL agreed this was the appropriate way to deal with this and to just let her know what the outcome is.
 
Action 4 – 17.09.2015: Sarah Gilding to send an e-mail to all mechanical MVT’s based at Churchill Way to ask for expressions of interest for transferring to Rotherham Garage.
 
It was agreed to offer the Apprentice at Rotherham the opportunity to get some experience on the electrical side of technician work. 
 
Action 5 – 17.09.2015: Andy Stockham to speak to the current apprentice about extending his experience by working with the Electricians at Churchill Way.
 
Interviews for the driver post were put on hold due to PCSO’s posts being deemed at risk.  A number of applications have been received from PCSO’s and interviews for the driver post will now take place on 22nd September 2015.
 
The initial interviewing for the 3 apprentice vacancies will take place at GTA on 18/09/2015.  We will then be in a position to decide who we will invite for second interviews.  It was agreed to base 1 in the Bodyshop, 1 on the mechanical side at Rotherham and 1 on the mechanical side at Churchill Way. 
 
AS is due to interview for a fully qualified Body Repairer on 22/09/2015.  SG clarified that if these applicants are not suitable, we must approach HR to put the vacancy out externally but place adverts in the appropriate trade press etc..  KL agreed to set up a temporary post for this person until a permanent post is vacated, when staff retire next year.
 
 
8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
 
8.1 BMW – 330 X Drive
SG reported that the testing has been done on different tyre pressures and that testing on an Audi Quatro will take place shortly.
 
 
9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
SG disseminates this directly to the Management Team.
 
9.2 VFM Performance
Performance is excellent, with minimal services outstanding.
 
9.3 Standard Times Project
Final work is coming together on this project.  Details on MOT requirements are needed for this.
 
10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.
 
11. STOCK CONTROL
Nothing to report.  Stock take still scheduled for the end of September.
 
12. SUSTAINABILITY
SG reported that MS had been nominated for a Sustainability award but unfortunately, lost out to other projects.
 
The Eco Business Driving Scheme is being revitalised and re-launched within Rotherham District with a view to extending this free training to operational staff as it is estimated that they only drive for 5% of the time in response mode.
 
13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 Bikes and PCSO reduction
 
Action 6 – 17.09.2015: Sarah Gilding to review the bike fleet with District in view of the reduction in PCSO numbers.
 
13.2 Car Valeting
It was noted that Darren Hobson was no longer trading for car valeting.  However this should have little effect, as the services of REACT are used.
 
Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 21 October 2015, in the VFM Conference Room.
 
 
 

Date: 

Thursday, 17 September, 2015 - 09:30