VFM - Management Team Meeting

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

VFM Management Meeting

MINUTES

1. APOLOGIES:  None
 _____________________________________________________________

  ATTENDEES: Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
  Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager
  Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Manager
  Crawford , Don (DC) – Fleet Manager, Churchill Garage
  Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager, Doncaster Garage
  Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)                               

                               

2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 20 April 2016 were approved as a true record. The

action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 19 May 2016.


3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.


4. DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Access to site / unauthorised personnel
• Fleet Manager handover
• Tyre punctures at District


5. HUMAN RESOURCES
5.1 PDR’s
KL explained that a list is produced weekly in HR of completed PDRs, KL will chase this up

and ensure a copy is forwarded to VFM.  The new PDR system for 2016/17 PDRs onwards is now

on line. This system works to the anniversary of appointment for each staff member. KL

suggested that managers contact HR to be booked onto the training courses available. 

5.2 Sickness.
KL stated that absence was steady at the moment. 

5.3 Recruitment / Vacancies
The Fleet Manager at Churchill Way has notified his intention to retire and the request to

fill this post was put through to HR on 27/04/2016 and this was agreed.  SG reported that

the job should be advertised on the Jobs Board before the end of this week.  SG is hoping

to hold the interviews for this job on 9th June 2016.

5.4 Flexible Working Review – Timeline
All applications for staff within VFM have been made. JB stated that the applications made

by members of the admin team had been acknowledged but none of the applications from staff

in the garage had received an acknowledgement or been given any feedback.  The new working

patterns, if approved are due to start on 5 September 2016.


6. FINANCE
6.1 Revenue and Capital Update
No reports are produced in April.

6.2 Trading Accounts
No report.


7. COLLABORATION
7.1 Fire Service
Work is ongoing with the Fire Service.  SG stated that the latest plans need costing and

the representative from Facilities Management within the Fire Service is looking at this. 

Last week, SG and JB went to see  how the Fire Service use Tranman and did some analysis. 

SG is trying to arrange a visit to Staffordshire Police to have a look what they are doing

as they have a joint fleet with the Fire Service.  KL has met with SY Fire and Rescue

Service from a HR point of view and she reported that the role profiles / job evaluation

scheme etc. are similar.  No firm decisions have been made yet, so we are continuing with

the work of bringing things together and gathering costs etc.  SG is liaising with North

Yorkshire Police who are also doing a similar project.


8. RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
8.1 Revised Risk Register
Nothing to report.

8.2 BMW – 330 X Drive
SG is waiting for MIRA to come back with testing dates but there is a problem with their

wet test track, which has been resurfaced and is not now suitable to do the tests on as it

will now have too much grip. This could take 6 months to become suitable.  SG is waiting

for MIRA to come back to her with any other options.

8.3 Tyres for BMW X5’s
SG stated that NCT5 tyre has to come off.  If we have Bridgestone or Continental tyres in

stock, use them, then order in the Dunlop Max Sport and gradually move over to them, as

this is now approved.  DC to check with the store keeper as Goodyear sent 4 of the Dunlop

Max Sport free of charge for us to try.  These can be used now.  If BMWs come on all season

tyres, they are a’ H’ rated tyre and are limited to 120 miles per hour.  Fleet Managers are

now clear on the position with tyres.
AS stated that BMW have indicated that they will tailor their training courses around our

needs.

8.4 BCM Plans Update
There is still some work to do on the Business Continuity plans, but progress is being

made.

9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
No update.

9.2 VFM Performance
JB reported that scheduling is creeping up at both garages and although there have been a

number of big jobs through, it is partly due to  overlooking MOTs and servicing that are

almost due when vehicles come in with other problems that is not helping this situation. 

It is also essential that MVTs code completed Services and MOTs correctly. In addition,

vehicles must be turned round and sent out again and not be left waiting in the yard. 


10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.
 

11. STOCK CONTROL
The next stock take is due to take place in mid-October.


12. SUSTAINABILITY
Nothing to report.


13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 Access to Site / Unauthorised Suppliers
JB stated that allowing reps to come on site at Churchill Way after the store keeper has

left for the day, must stop.  AS passed on good practice from Rotherham Garage with regard

to this.

Action 1 - 19.05.16: Don Crawford to speak with the rep and the Storekeeper to ensure the

rep only attends site by appointment when the store keeper is available.

13.2 Fleet Manager Handover
DC reported that he had completed risk assessments for 2 work experience students who are

due to be placed with us shortly and these have been ratified by the Health and Safety

Dept.  The template is now available and can be used for any future placements.
DC also stated that Zurich, insurance, calibration of garage equipment and servicing of

ramps will all be up to date before he finishes.

13.3 Tyre Punctures at District
DC said he had received a report that there are a lot of tyre punctures occurring out at

Districts.  It was agreed that we need to keep an eye on this.


Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 22 June 2016, in the VFM Conference Room.

Date: 

Thursday, 19 May, 2016 - 09:30