Vehicle Fleet Management - Management Team Meeting

MINUTES
 
1.APOLOGIES:
Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
Shelton, Richard (RS) – Driver Services Coordinator
Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Manager
_____________________________________________________________
 
ATTENDEES: Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager (Chair)
Dickson, Jamie (JD) – Fleet Manager Churchill Garage 
Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager Rotherham Garage
Oldfield, James (JO) – Operational Management Accountant
Carter, Tina (TC) – Driver Services Coordinator
Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
2.MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 20 July 2016 were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 24 August 2016. 
 
 
3.MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.
 
 
4.DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
•Problem with new working pattern on GRS
 
 
5.HUMAN RESOURCES
5.1 PDR’s
No update.
 
5.2 Sickness.
No update.
 
5.3 Recruitment / Vacancies
A candidate for the Auto Electrician post has been successful and vetting is in progress. In view of the work load, we need him to start as soon as possible.  
 
Action 1 – 24.08.16:  Jo Buckley to contact the Vetting Manager  to find out how much longer the vetting process is likely to take for the new Auto Electrician.
 
5.4 Training (inc NCALT)
IOSH courses have been offered to TC and JD.  Waiting to see if RS has been allocated a course too now that he is back from leave.
 
5.5 Equality and Diversity
No update.
6.FINANCE
JO asked for clarification on what needs completing for the NAPFM Survey.  JB explained the staff costs were the main part and to contribute to fuel costs etc. and to contact her if he had any further questions.
 
6.1 Revenue and Capital Update
JO reported that the budget needs to be re-profiled in order for the budget to make more sense.
JD queried what should be recharged.  If it appears to be ‘user abuse’ or accident damage where an insurance claim hasn’t been submitted, then recharge.  MS is recording each insurances job and the cause of the accident etc for monitoring purposes.  This information is then available when speaking with or attending meetings with Districts and Departments.
 
 
Action 2 – 24.08.16 – Mandy Stiles to set up a meeting with SG, JO, and JB in advance of the meeting with Mr Hiller on 7th September.
 
Capital updates
Not discussed.
 
6.2 Trading Accounts
JO provided reports under the following headings: VFM Admin, Churchill Garage, Bodyshop and Rotherham Mechanical.
 
 
7. COLLABORATION
7.1 Fire Service
JB reported there was no real change but it is still ongoing.  There is a lot of information required but it is proving difficult to get hold of.
 
 
8.RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
8.1 Revised Risk Register
SG has started a review of the risk register.   Whoever SG allocates a risk to will receive an e-mail when it needs updating.  There are some changes to the Risk Register system.
 
There is no change on the position with the x-drive.
 
8.2 BCM Plans Update
Not discussed.
 
8.3 Review Register Update
AS reported that Dan Herrington is continuing to review the COSHH assessments.
 
 
9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
Nothing to report.
 
9.2 VFM Performance
JB reported that servicing is remaining steady and considering we are in a holiday period, we are in a good position.
 
•Churchill Way – Mechanical – JD reported the workshop was busy.
•Commissioning –  Considering there is only one Technician working on his own at the moment, he is pushing the work through well. 
•Rotherham Mechanical – AS offered to do any A or B services if Churchill is short of  capacity.
•Bodyshop – Remaining steady.
 
JB reported that the yard was looking clearer but would like to get rid of the write-offs in the yard.
 
Action 3 – 24.08.16 – Jamie Dickson to make arrangements to have the write-off vehicles in the yard removed.
 
10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.
 
 
11. STOCK CONTROL
The next stock take is due to take place in mid-October. 
 
The tyres listed on Bumblebee have not sold but have been re-listed.
 
 
12.SUSTAINABILITY
Nothing to report.
 
 
13.ANY OTHER BUSINESS
14.1 Problem with new working pattern on GRS
AS reported that one of the drivers revised working pattern from the Flexible Working review has not been put on the system correctly as it is showing as Flexi standard when it should be compressed hours.
 
Action 4 –  24.08.16: Tina Carter to e-mail GRS (cc in JB and Lloyd Levin) to rectify the Drivers working pattern that is incorrect.
 
 
Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 21 September 2016, in the VFM Conference Room.
 

Date: 

Wednesday, 24 August, 2016 - 09:30