Vehicle Fleet Management - Management Team Meeting

MINUTES
 
1.APOLOGIES: Lilley, Karen (KL) – Departmental HR Manager
Oldfield, James (JO) – Operational Management Accountant
Carter, Tina (TC) – Driver Services Coordinator
_____________________________________________________________
 
ATTENDEES: Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM , (Chair)
Buckley, Jo (JB) – Senior Fleet Manager (Chair)
Dickson, Jamie (JD) – Fleet Manager Churchill Garage 
Stockham, Andy (AS) – Fleet Manager Rotherham Garage
Stiles, Mandy (MS) – Administrator (Minutes)                                                                                                                            
 
2.MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS
The minutes of the previous meeting on 17 November 2016  were approved as a true record. The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 15 December 2016. 
 
 
3.MATTERS ARISING FROM THE OPEN SESSION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
None.
 
 
4.DECLARATIONS OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• New ACC starting
 
 
5.HUMAN RESOURCES
5.1 PDR’s
Weekly updates are being provided by HR.
 
5.2 Sickness.
It was reported that the issue of the availability of defibrillators has been put through to the Force Health and Safety committee.
 
5.3 Recruitment / Vacancies
Nothing to report, except that as part of the Dashcam Project Peer Review a student from Sheffield University will conduct a pre and post dashcams questionnaire looking at behaviours with regard to dash cams.  The student will be managed by the project officer.
 
5.4 Training (inc NCALT)
Nothing to report.  Details of outstanding NCALT courses have been circulated to line managers.
 
5.5 Equality and Diversity
Nothing to report.
5.6 Staff Survey
SG reported that the reporting group VFM falls into has the highest percentage return rate of 70%.  Overall, for the Force the return rate is 40%.
 
 
6.FINANCE
6.1 Revenue and Capital Update
No report for November.  JO is meeting with SG later to set the budget for 2017/18.
 
6.2 Trading Accounts
Not discussed.
 
 
7. COLLABORATION
7.1 Fire Service
No recent changes.  However, NH has now taken over as project sponsor as his equivalent at the Fire Service has left.  NH will set up some meetings for the New Year.  JO is looking at our trading accounts in preparation for comparing it with the Fire Service.
 
 
8.RISK REGISTERS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
8.1Revised Risk Register
JB reported that she had updated the ‘risks’ she manages.
 
8.2 BCM Plans Update
This is ongoing.
 
8.3 Review Register Update
Details of outstanding reviews have been circulated to VFM Managers.
 
 
9. PERFORMANCE
9.1 Force Performance
Nothing to report.
 
 
9.2 VFM Performance
• Churchill Way – Mechanical – Both workshops are busy. There have been a few spikes in services overdue but these have come back down.
• Commissioning –  remains busy.
• Rotherham Mechanical – same as for Churchill Mechanical.
• Bodyshop – Full.
 
 
10. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Nothing to report.
 
 
11. STOCK CONTROL
Not discussed.
 
 
12.SUSTAINABILITY
Nothing to report.
 
 
13.ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13.1 New ACC starting
A new ACC, previously with Cheshire Police, is due to start on 09/01/2017.  An order has been placed for a Ford Kuga, which is currently scheduled to be delivered to us by the middle of March.  Prior to the Kuga arriving he will be using an Insignia which has previously been in use within SLG.
 
 
Date of next meeting: 9.30am Wednesday 18 January 2017, in the VFM Conference Room.
 

Date: 

Thursday, 15 December, 2016 - 15:15