Detective Chief Inspector Promotion Process / Transferee Opportunity
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police is seeking applications from substantive Detective Inspectors with the drive, vision and qualities to become a Detective Chief Inspector in South Yorkshire. We also welcome applications from substantive Detective Chief Inspectors wanting to transfer to South Yorkshire Police.
About the role
As a Detective Chief Inspector in South Yorkshire Police you will form part of a local senior leadership team, working collectively with colleagues to deliver excellent policing services. The successful candidate will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
- Be an inspirational leader with the ability to engage staff and implement change effectively.
- Be operationally credible with experience of leading a range of policing services.
- Have the ability to connect with officers, staff and key stakeholders at all levels to effectively deliver excellent and high quality policing to the public of South Yorkshire.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes.
- Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of South Yorkshire
Requirements / Criteria
Minimum of 18 months in your current substantive rank
Valid PIP 2 qualification
The application process will open on Monday 12th February 2018 and the Competency and Values Framework (CVF) will be used as the basis for the assessment.
The process will comprise of:
- An application form requiring evidence in the 4 CVF value areas.
- A work sample assessment (via presentation) and interview.
Application forms must be returned by 0900 Monday 5th March.
More information and Application Pack
Full details of the process will be provided at a preparation workshop and will be included in the application pack.
The preparation workshop will be held at South Yorkshire Police Training Centre, Robert Dyson House, Unit 5, Doncaster Road, Wath Upon Dearne, S63 7EF on Monday 12th February 2018 1700-1900.
To book a place and/or request an application pack please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Application packs will be sent out via email on the 12th February 2018