Vehicle Fleet Management Team Meeting

MINUTES

1.APOLOGIES - Saxton, Adrian (AS) – Senior Fleet Manager, Churchill & Doncaster
__________________________________________________________________________

ATTENDEES -  Gilding, Sarah (SG) - Head of VFM (Chair)
  Kelly, Nicky (NK) – Operational Management Accountant
  Buckley, Jo (JH) – Driver Services Manager
  Day, Dave – Senior Fleet Manager, Bodyshop & Commissioning
  Russell, Barbara (BR) – Departmental Personnel Manager


2. OPEN SESSION


3. STANDING ITEMS

3.1 Minutes of previous meeting and actions    
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as a true record.  The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 24.01.12.
 

3.2 Matters arising from the Open Session of previous minutes   
None.

3.3 Declarations of Any Other Business 
• VFM log - SG
• GRS - JB

3.4 Department Structure        
Draft structure agreed by Nigel Hiller and Fiona Broadbent in HR.  Structure will be progressed as advised by HR in terms of changes to titles.  The new structure will be issued by SG imminently and disseminated to all staff.

Action 1 – 24.01.12:  Sarah Gilding to disseminate information about the new VFM structure to all staff as soon as possible.

3.5 Finance         
NK gave an update.  VFM savings plan agreed.  3m shortfall savings across the Force currently.  Districts and Departments to continue to implement additional savings where possible.  Work ongoing to split trading account between capital and revenue.  Review of pool vehicle charges / costs, insurance charge ongoing.

3.6 Business Planning        
3.6.1 Risk Registers & Business Continuity
Plans have been implemented to mitigate risk of fuel shortage.  All sites will have received deliveries by  the end of current week.

 

3.7 Human Resources         
BR gave an update on HR position and stats.  No major issues identified.  AS to confirm if full MOT test course places are still required on training template or not and inform/advise BR.

Action 2 – 24.01.12:  Adrian Saxton to confirm if full MOT test course places are still required on training template or not and inform/advise BR.

3.7.1 Attendance Management         
BR gave update on attendance management and discussions took place around implementation of unsatisfactory attendance and incapacity procedures.  All managers to ensure they are aware of incapacity procedure to consider staff that currently fall within this criteria and take advice from HR and in particular Claire Aldridge as appropriate. 
3.8  Performance         
Not discussed as no data.

3.9  Stock Control         
Whilst it appears that a stock take has taken place in December / January at all sites, there are discrepancies and inconsistencies in the data discussed at the meeting.  Dates do not match up and whilst it is good to see there are no discrepancies on stock, this is not consistent with the update AS gave to SG.  AS to report back to the meeting.

Action 3 – 24.01.12:  Adrian Saxton to report back to the next Management Team meeting with regard to dates not matching up on the stock take reports and stock discrepancies not being consistent with the updates.

4 CLOSED SESSION
Nothing to report.


5.  ANY OTHER BUSINESS         
5.1 VFM Log          
SG discussed proposals for utilising the log in future and advised she would give further advice and instruction on this in due course.

5.2 GRS 
JB raised concerns that GRS is not being updated by managers with details of abstractions and changes to working patterns. 

Action 4 – 24.01.12:  All managers to ensure that GRS is updated in a timely and accurate manner.  If training is required, mangers to contact JB in the first instance for advice.

 

Date and time of next meeting
Tuesday 21 February 2012 at 1.30PM in PSD Conference Room 3, Unit  20, Churchill Way.
  
     

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 24 January, 2012 - 13:30