Vehicle Fleet Management Team Meeting

MINUTES

1.APOLOGIES - None
__________________________________________________________________________

ATTENDEES -  Whysall, Martin (MW)  - Head of VFM (Chair)
  Gilding, Sarah (SG) – Business Manager for VFM and PSD
  Kelly, Nicky (NK) – Operational Management Accountant
  Buckley, Jo (JH) – Driver Services Manager
  Day, Dave – Senior Fleet Manager, Bodyshop & Commissioning
  Askwith, Heather (HA) – Departmental Personnel Manager
  Saxton, Adrian (AS) – Senior Fleet Manager, Churchill & Doncaster
S  tiles, Mandy (MS) – Administration Assistant - Minutes

2. OPEN SESSION

3. STANDING ITEMS

3.1 Minutes of previous meeting and actions    
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as a true record.  The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 18.10.11.
 

3.2 Matters arising from the Open Session of previous minutes
There have been issues with work done by Littlewoods both at Rotherham and Churchill Way.

Action 1 – 18.10.11: Sarah Gilding and Suzanne Chapman to create a requisition for use by Workshops when raising orders centrally for them.


3.3 Declarations of Any Other Business 
• I-Procurement – SG
• VFM Article in Billboard

     
3.4 Department Structure 
3.4.1 Head of VFM post

This post has been advertised.  Applications are in and the interviews are due to take place on 1 November 2011.

3.4.2 Numbers of  Drivers
HA has been working with SG and NK on the numbers of drivers. No vacancy factor was set last year.

3.4.3 VER
 HA explained that if Mr Watson decides to go down the route of VER in future, in her opinion, she thought it would only be specifically for Departments that are under review.
 
    
3.5 Finance         
NK reported that she was concerned about the year to date position.  There is a £96,478 overspend.

3.5.1 Trading Accounts        
  The trading accounts are mainly showing a profit (except drivers and fuel) but this shouldn’t be the  case when an overspend is showing on the year to date figures. 

3.5.2  OMA Issues – Financial Commentary 
 
Emerging issue Proposed action to be taken
Progress on agreed action
18/10/11: The trading accounts are mainly showing a profit but this shouldn’t be the case when an overspend is showing. A new system called spreadsheet server is being set up which links Oracle straight into Excel.   NK has arranged to sit with Keith Oldman from Corporate Finance in order to put the trading accounts into spreadsheet server, to try and resolve this issue.
 
18/10/11: UDS Black Boxes – has a capital scheme brief been done for this? MW has to provide a report for SCT with regard to Black Boxes.  Information to be pulled from this to complete the scheme brief, which must be in place before the funding is drawn down (£70,000 approved at FFSG). 
  
3.5.3 Other Financial Issues
None.

3.6 Business Planning        
SG reported that Yvonne Duffin from BCD had been working on revising Business Planning, so we are awaiting changes to be made.


3.7 Personnel
3.7.1 Sickness 

HA reported that there are no outstanding medical certificates, 2 outstanding self certificates, 1 outstanding welfare report and several outstanding PDRs.

3.7.2 Recruitment 
The Driver Services Coordinator role has been filled.  Tina Carter will start on 28 November 2011.
SG reported there had been 13 applicants for the temporary admin and finance clerk post which was shortlisted today to 6 external applicants to interview.  The recruitment panel will be made up of Jo Buckley, Suzanne Chapman and a representative from HR.

Steph Burke is due to start on 24 October to cover for maternity leave of the Finance Assistants post.


3.7.3 Training Template 
HA reported that training had been opened up again for priority 3 requests.  HA explained how training must be requested:
• TN1 to be completed for courses put on by the training center (not required for those courses that are renewed on a regular basis e.g. first aid
• TN3 to be completed for external training (more specialist training)
• TN5 to be completed if course is not mandatory but there is a need due to a new product, or a change in staffing and it is more of a bespoke product that is required, send to HA and discuss options.

DD asked about Vauxhall training. HA advised that if we are hosting and paying the provider a TN3 should be completed.
AS raised MOT Courses, as they will be required after Christmas as the MOT regulations are being changed in early January.  HA advised him to let Julie Sherburn know so that she can alter the training budget. 

SG needs to complete forms for NEBOSH training – just waiting for a cost.

7.3.4 IOSH Course or CHC Attendance
DD reported that he is due to attend an IOSH course (which has previously been cancelled twice) from 7 – 10 November, however VFMs Corporate Health Check (CHC) is due to take place on 8 November.  MW advised him to plan to attend the course but if the course is cancelled, to attend the CHC.

3.7.5 Flexible working / Staffing levels      
Discussions have taken place with regard to flexible working and shift levels and resilience.  It was agreed that a further meeting was necessary to finalise this.

Action 2 – 18.10.11: Mandy Stiles to set up a further meeting with regard to flexible working, staffing levels and resilience for SG, AS ,DD, MW, JB and HA to attend.


3.8 Risk Registers & Business Continuity     
3.8.1 Winter Tyres

AS reported there were still some to be delivered.  The fitting of the ones we currently have is continuing.  All Rotherham are done, about 50% of Churchill Ways allocation of traffic, just stated on Barnsley, Sheffield and  the Volvo tyres.


3.9 Performance         
3.9.1 Supervisory/Admin time in Commissioning
DD explained that as there is no immediate supervisor available on the shop floor, a lot of admin / supervisory time is being done by those on the shop floor and entered onto the time sheets.  Will this affect the figures and is it still necessary to complete the timesheets?  MW said this was acceptable, as we know the reason for this.  He confirmed it is still necessary to complete the time sheets.

3.9.2 Tranman Code
DD asked if it was possible to change the Tranman code back from ‘Rotherham Electricians’ to ‘Electricians’.  It was agreed that DD should ask the Performance Assistant to do this.

3.9.3 Vehicle Availability – showed a dip this week.

3.9.4 PDRs
HA agreed that where the are two PDRs outstanding for an individual, if a current PDR is provided there will be an amnesty on the earlier one.


3.10 Equality and Diversity        
The next Diversity champions meeting is due to take place at the beginning of December 2011 MW is planning to attend.

3.11 Stock Control         
The results of the 100% stock takes conducted in September are as follows:
• Churchill workshop
 Imprest stock, down £11.77 which represents 0.39%
 Non imprest stock down £9.38 which represents 0.05%
• Commissioning  
 £14.10 down which represents 0.06%
• Doncaster Workshop
  Imprest stock, down £3.99 which represents 0.04%
 Non imprest stock down £1.33 which represents 0.03%
• Rotherham Bodyshop
 Imprest stock, no discrepancy
 Non imprest stock down £29.73 which represents 0.25%
 Stock, no discrepancy

3.12 Sustainability         
Don Crawford is due to attend waste awareness training shortly.


4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS        
4.1 I-Procurement

SG reported that she had met with Angela Don this morning.  It had been agreed by Geoff Berrett, Jean Mather and Angela Don that VFM could continue to use current call off orders for parts only until 31 March  2012.  This does not cover every supplier and those we don’t have call off orders for, must have orders raised via I-Proc.   We are currently working with Angela Don on a list of suppliers.  If £5,000 or more is spent during a year with one supplier, then a contract must be put in place.  GIST is an example of this as overall we spend approximately £20,000 per year with them.  SG stated that invoices relating to current orders will come in to us but this isn’t the case with invoices raised on I-Proc.  However, we do still need to see the invoice, Angela Don will come back to us on this issue.
The Head of VFM is required to report back in February 2012 to the Oracle Project Board with regard to Tranman interface.  The issues with Tranman aren’t just about parts, as valets, labour for external work and recoveries all go on Tranman.  Angela Don to come back to SG on this issue too.   If necessary SG will ask Angela Wilson to come out and spend sometime with staff at local sites who are using I-Proc.  On a positive note, Charlene has been raising orders for PSD on I-Proc today.

4.2 VFM Article in Billboard
MW reported that an article would shortly be appearing in  Billboard and the following 3 problem areas would be included:
• Reporting faults
• Checking tyres
• Filling in the log book

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 18 October, 2011 - 14:30