Vehicle Fleet Management Team Meeting

Minutes

1.In attendance: Martin Whysall (MW) -  Chair
   Sarah Gilding (SG)
   Adrian Saxton (AS)
   Dave Day (DD)
   Rachael Greenfield (RG)
   Mandy Stiles (MS) – Minutes

Apologies:  Joy Wilson (JW)
   Alan Barnett (AB)


2. Minutes of previous meeting and actions   
The minutes of the last meeting were approved as a true record.  The action schedule was reviewed and updated, see action schedule dated 18.02.2010.


3. Department Structure
Driver Services are making progress with moving Drivers into the Core. All Annual Leave for the drivers concerned must be approved through the Driver Services co-ordinators.


4.Finance
An under spend of £31,000 is being predicted. Under spends will have to be bid for so projects for replacing the fuels pumps and for further training courses will need to be put together.

AS asked if there was any potential for overtime for Churchill Mechanics as there is a lot of work on.  MW gave approval for mechanics to work their non working day and/or  to come in on a Saturday morning.

The trading accounts have not yet been finalised this month due to the Performance Assistant and the OMA ‘s annual leave


5.Business Planning 
.
Action 1 – 18.02.10: Sarah Gilding to set up another Business Planning and Risk Register Meeting.


6.Personnel
MW stated that he needed to attend the next Churchill Workshop meeting in order to present Glyn Morris and Dean Patterson with their awards for 30 years service.

A discussion took place about a driver on recuperative duties.  SG to speak to Driver Manager about alternative duties.

PDRs
DD explained that he had received an e-mail from Lauren Hague in Personnel with regard to a PDR which she was returning for a second time as the objectives were still not classed as SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timescale).  DD explained that some staff at the Bodyshop don’t want to progress but want to come in and do a good job and dont’ feel that PDRs are worthwhile.
RG explained that every employee of SYP has to follow the SYP process for PDRs, there is no let out clause for those nearing retirement age.  Personnel are questioned at Corporate Health Checks if the PDR process isn’t being followed, they are also required to a produce a random sample of PDRs to The Director of Finance.

SG asked for advice on an outstanding PDR and whether it had been deferred because of the date the last one went in. RG advised the only reasons for deferring PDRs is long term sickness, Maternity leave and career breaks.  No other reason would be accepted.

Sickness
MW stated that the last 4 months had pushed our figures over the Force target.  RG agreed to compile a more detailed report on sickness.

Action 2 – 18.02.2010: Rachael Greenfield agreed to compile a more detailed report on sickness absence for VFM staff.

Annual Leave
The current situation was discussed and although a letter to individuals was sent out asking staff to put a plan in place with their line Manager for taking leave over and above the 37 hours which can be carried forward there are still two members of staff with over 6 and over 4 weeks remaining, five with over 3 weeks remaining and six with over 2 weeks remaining.


7.Risk Registers & Business Continuity
SG stated that MS was helping to progress some of the items that need updating for business continuity – getting together items for the grab bags, updating documents etc.


8.Performance
Performance remains good overall.  Vehicle Availability is still excellent and Vehicle turn round times are within target. Job card returns are few.  However, the job cards received after completion by technicians is struggling to get anywhere near the target set.  MW agreed to increase the target to 48 hours from 1 April 2010.


9.Health & Safety
Alan Rose from the Health & Safety Department has been up to the Garage with a Task Force Sprinter with a roof rack and heavy duty ladders on top.  MW has arranged a meeting next week with the FSG Inspector to look at safer options for their needs.


10.Equality and Diversity      
MW, SG, JW, AS and DD are all due to attend a presentation next week on Diversity in order to get accreditation for all staff.

NCALT Courses – Managers to remind staff to complete the mandatory courses.

Action 3 – 18.02.2010: Rachael Greenfield to approach HRD for details on who has completed the NCALT mandatory courses.


11.Stock Control       
The stock reports from last month end were good.  Any value lost was within MW’s signing limit to write off.  All were relatively small amounts.  MW commended all the staff who were involved in the stock takes on how successful they had been.  This should put us in a strong position for the year-end.


12 Any Other Business
12.1 Obsolete Equipment at Rotherham

AS enquired about being able to get rid of the obsolete equipment at Rotherham to GTA in Doncaster.  SG agreed to liaise with Andy Stockham about this.

Action 4 – 18.02.2010: Sarah Gilding to liaise with Andy Stockham about getting rid of obsolete equipment over at Rotherham to go to GTA

Andy Stockham has been invited to be a Board member at GTA.  RG advised that he should register this as a business interest.

Action 5 – 18.02.2010: Andy Stockham to complete form ADM23 to register a business interest.

12.2 Stores
DD and AS presented plans giving options for the new stores area. Discussions took place and an agreement was reached about which option to go with.  SG recommended that we obtain a second quote on a like for like basis in order to demonstrate value for money.

Date and time of next meeting
Thursday 18 March 2010, PSD Conference Room 2, Unit 20, Churchill Way.

 

Date: 

Thursday, 18 February, 2010 - 09:30