PNC Strategic Steering Group Meeting


FRIDAY 15 JUNE 2012

PRESENT: 
Adrian Moran Superintendent (Chair)
Marissa Cooper Chief Inspector OSS Comms
Liz Ellison PNC Bureau Manager
Andy Hodgkinson Chief Inspector Barnsley District
Alan Hardy ISD
Gill Bower-Lissaman PSD
Lynne Walker CJAD (Rotherham)
Gary Birchall PC Sheffield CMU
Joyce Elias Secretary (minutes)
APOLOGIES: 
PC Clare Coe Rotherham
CI Andy Kent Doncaster District
Anne Marie Dempsey CJAD
 
1 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
 The minutes of the meeting held 2 February 2012 were accepted as a true record of the meeting. 

2 MATTERS ARISING – ACTION SHEET
 Action schedule updated as attached.
Additional updates:
SRG gateway & X400:
Alan Hardy advised that a fix had been installed last week, appears to be stable, monitoring continues but if still stable after today ISD will look at roll out plan.  Supt Moran asked Liz Ellison to prepare a highlight report saying where the work is at, and any risks associated with it. After discussion it was agreed that Liz Ellison would link in with ISD in respect of the roll out plan for implementation, marketing and training.

PNC Auditor:
Gill Bower-Lissaman explained that it had been the intention to roll this out with SRG Gateway so it was not seen as another add-on, and she asked the group whether the gateway should be delayed further until auditor is ready. Alan said he thought Civica would want to withdraw cover on the old browser as soon as new browser stable. After discussion it was agreed that gateway should go ahead with auditor following (probably October).  Responses to paper and make-up of groups received from some districts, Gill will review responses, take majority and put a proposal together and circulate for agreement.

3 MATTERS ARISING FROM REGIONAL PNC MEETING
Liz Ellison updated:
Next meeting August 22nd at Cleveland Police HQ.

4 MATTERS ARISING FROM NATIONAL P4G GROUP MEETING
Liz Ellison updated:
• A project is underway for the automated exchange of data between PNC and the Prison Service, ACPO PNC are insisting this is 2-way, there will be benefits to intell, expected date early 2013.
Gill Bower-Lissaman advised care should be taken giving data for Oasis as the prisoner is entitled to see data held.
• Protection of Freedom Bill in relation to retention, use, destruction of fingerprints, DNA commencement date not expected until at least September.
• Crime Mapper – have had to go through PIAP to supply court results from PNC to satisfy requirements for the Justice Outcomes, this was approved, officially went live in May.  Liz gave an overview on the benefits of updating records with disqualifications, not all forces updating, Liz asked the group for their support for her to continue fighting for forces to update PNC with disqualifications. Agreed
• HMIC are due to commence an inspection at ACPO and will look at various groups including P4G
 
5 CID 9 ERROR RATE REPORT
Liz Ellison updated:
No figure available for May as department currently has a 4 week backlog due to Crime Mapper (see AOB).

6 NCPE CODE OF PRACTICE PERFORMANCE STATS
Liz Ellison updated:
May 2012: 
Monthly league table 7th out of 42 forces.
Arrest/summons reports entered within 1 day – 92.9% (target 90%):
Percentage of Court Disposals entered within 10 days – 86% (within 3 days) (target 75%):
Changes to process should improve figure further.
SYP nationally 8th for PNC usage, last year 4,382,031 million checks carried out.
Mobile data system checks now appear on data.

7 SCHENGEN INFORMATION SYSTEM (SIS II)
Liz Ellison updated:
As recorded in last meeting minutes Rules of Engagement received in January, Liz sent to various parties including IS Training & ISD.  Gen14 was submitted to BCD however now out of date, Liz has forwarded details to update, Liz suggested that someone from BCD should be SPOC.  After discussion it was agreed that SPOC should be Liz Ellison. Live date expected to be November 2014.  Alan Hardy asked for ISD to be kept fully updated.

ACTION:  Liz Ellison to prepare Briefing Document based on Timeline, and Supt Moran and Liz Ellison to brief ACC Sahota.
 
ACTION:  Liz Ellison to forward Timeline to ISD for them to include in the IT Road Plan.

8 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
CRIME MAPPER – LIZ ELLISON
Crime reference numbers are not being received from officers, only 4% had number, high admin function over last few weeks has brought number to 34%, however this has impacted greatly on other work in the department.  This is being back tracked to January.  Insp Brooke has been out to CMUs and Custody Suites to try and find out why the crime number is not going on the CID9 when they are in Custody Suite – various reasons mostly operational.  CID9 data, as per 2005 HMIC Inspection should go on system within 24 hours. Meeting with ISD looking at options is underway today, however solution may come at a cost.  There is a chance we will have to go back to HMIC and say we cannot comply due to the number of changes involved and the cost.

COMMUNITY ORDER BREACH – LYNNE WALKER
Lynne understands that the requirement of the order will not be recorded on PNC, Liz said this was heard at the P4G, a cost for the change to PNC is being sought and this will be submitted to the Ministry of Justice.  Liz and Lynne to discuss further outside this meeting.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING
FRIDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2012, 10.00 am, ATLAS COURT

 

Date: 

Friday, 15 June, 2012 - 10:00