PNC Strategic Steering Group Meeting


FRIDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2012


PRESENT: 
Marissa Cooper Chief Inspector OSS Comms (Chair)
Liz Ellison PNC Bureau Manager
Simon Wanless Inspector Barnsley District
Alan Hardy ISD
Lynne Walker CJAD (Rotherham)
Joyce Elias Secretary (minutes)
APOLOGIES: 
ACC Sahota ACC
Adrian Moran Superintendent
CI Andy Kent Doncaster District
Anne Marie Dempsey CJAD
 
1 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
 The minutes of the meeting held 15 June 2012 were accepted as a true record of the meeting. 

2 MATTERS ARISING – ACTION SHEET
 Action schedule updated.

3 MATTERS ARISING FROM REGIONAL PNC MEETING
 As per Item 4 below.

4 MATTERS ARISING FROM NATIONAL P4G GROUP MEETING
 Liz Ellison updated:
• NPIA working on a code to allow collaboration between forces, initial area will be forensics and this will form the foundation for all aspects of PNC.
o Example – this will allow an officer from West Yorkshire to process fingerprints in South Yorkshire
No date as yet.

 
5 CID 9 ERROR RATE REPORT
 This item is no longer relevant as Crime Mapper now in place. PNC no longer chase officers for missing information.

To be deleted from Agenda.

6 NCPE CODE OF PRACTICE PERFORMANCE STATS
 Liz Ellison updated:
August 2012: 
Arrest/summons reports entered within 1 day – 93.7% (target 90%):
Percentage of Court Disposals entered within 10 days – 90.9% (target 75%):

7 SCHENGEN INFORMATION SYSTEM (SIS II)
 Liz Ellison updated using a presentation (attached), covering background, examples and timeline.
Timeline;
Feb - May 13 – IT survey will take place in force
May – Sept 13 – Regional workshop will be held
Sept 13 – Aug 14 – Business Survey; it is anticipated that we will need to establish a Project Team at this time
March 2014 – Training for Trainers
April – Sept 14 – roll out of training
Sept 14 – sign off / Oct 14 – Go Live

8 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
Discussed timeliness of future meetings and attendees.  It was felt that six monthly was adequate with perhaps a newsletter in between.  Motion will need to be referred to ACC Sahota.

ACTION:  Supt Moran to discuss proposal to reduce frequency of meetings with ACC Sahota. Also discuss and agree attendance/representation.

ISD REPRESENTATION
CI Cooper thanked Alan Hardy for his contribution and support to this meeting and wished him well for the future.
The need for ISD representation was discussed and it was felt this needed to be by exception only.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To be advised – see above action

 

Date: 

Friday, 14 September, 2012 - 13:15