OSS COMMS Management Team Meeting

Tuesday 19 June 2012
PRESENT: 
Adrian Moran Superintendent (Chair)
Marissa Cooper Chief Inspector
Tracy Potter Contact Centre Manager
Diana Harris Performance & Planning Manager
Debbie James HR Business Partner
Liz Ellison PNC Bureau Manager
Teresa Govier Operational Support Manager
Michelle Mottram Admin Support Officer
Dawn Pearson Disclosure Unit Manager
Julian Roper Business Change Officer
Joyce Elias Secretary (minutes)
APOLOGIES 
Amanda Emmerson OMA
Debbie Davis Business Manager
 
1 WELCOME & APOLOGIES
 Attendees and apologies noted above.

Mobile Data – Automated Incidents:
T/Insp Simon Davies & John Gittins attended the meeting and gave a presentation on automated incidents.
The implementation was discussed including process mapping, briefing and rolling out by district, it was suggested that it is rolled out to Rotherham and RPG first.

ACTION:  Insp Greenwood to look at Implementation Plan for Automated Incidents.

2 PREVIOUS MINUTES
 The minutes of the meeting held on 25 May 2012 were agreed as a true record of the meeting.

3 ACTION SCHEDULE
 Updated.

4 DECLARATION OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 See below:

5 OPERATING PLAN
 No updates.

6 RISK REGISTER
 New issues referred:
• New SYP Website re PACT Priorities - submitted
• FIM Resilience – report being completed
• I Casework Payment - submitted

Update needed before next WIG on Staffing / Performance

ACTION:  Tracy Potter to prepare update on Staffing / Performance Risk for next WIG

7 PERFORMANCE
 P&Q report for May attached.
999 performance for May 85% (6% down on this time last year, ytd 87%)
Non 999 85.6% (1.4% up on last year) 8,000 call increase, ytd 85.3%

ACTION:  Julian Roper to produce call trend data for last 12 months.

101 75%
Switchboard 86.7%
CRB 71.2%
Immediates – all districts above target
Priorities again above target however Doncaster had dramatic decrease in May

Tracy Potter thanked Diana Harris & Karen Evans for their hard work planning for the Jubilee & Euro 2012, Jubilee went well as has Euro planning to date.

PNC:
Arrest Summons 92.9%, Court Disposals 86%
CID9 5 week backlog due to Crime Mapper
Disclosure:
CRB 1,200 backlog, 15% over budget.  CRB will review all forces after first quarter.
PND 200 backlog, 30% drop in productivity following R2D1, extra searching to complete.
Social Services 313 backlog

QA / TUTOR UNIT UPDATE
No first level checks since ASB project
Quality checks have been focussing on identifying repeat victims and risk assessing vulnerability, this will continue through June & July.  Specific ASB Quality form in place to support checking process.

COMPLAINTS & COMPLIMENTS
Complaints received in May 2
Compliments received in May 2

TRAINING
New Crime & IT Training Inspector DI Dave Mayfield attended last week’s Performance Dev/Trng
Meeting and was given an overview of Comms’ needs, he has agreed to take the Diary Training after the pilot, but Cybertech will remain at Comms.

Some staff completing their L3 & L5 have asked if OSS will pay for their Accreditation, £100, Tracy Potter has previously referred this to HRT who have said the force won’t pay.  After discussion Supt Moran said he would look at agreeing an OSS approach.

ACTION:  Supt Moran to look at agreeing an OSS approach for payment or not of qualification accreditations.

8 ORGANISATIONAL & MANAGEMENT
 Vacancies – Tracy Potter
Current total for Comms 28, will rise to 43 end of August & 47 September, worst case end of November 56 (call handling 11, CRB 6, dispatch 16, CST 9).
Plan now in place to recruit 60 staff, between now and April, agreed with Recruitment & HRD.
Looking at processes to put in place during busy periods, paper will be presented to next WIG.

Absences
Out of Criteria up; short term sickness data from HR poor.

Diversity:
Some concern as a force that recent redundancies have affected equality figures.  HR will be preparing stats for Comms.
Fairness at Work Annual Report 2011/12 key themes will be discussed at next month’s meeting.

9 POLICIES / KNOWLEDGE BANK
 No further updates

10 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 Sheffield City Council Accommodation
Space will be vacant from October / November, formal notice not yet received.  SCC have also asked to reduce their space in the meantime in order to reduce costs, this is with FM.
Julian Roper has written a briefing paper on the triage function to support out of hours process, currently looking at option of SCC renting desk on top floor and support worker working from there.  Long term SYP may take on this service.

OPT Briefing
Tracy Potter has circulated, actions for Comms include Specials, Property Database and Pedal Cycles.

BBC 999 Award
Nominated staff who assisted female in trouble on Atlas Way, passed on to Corporate Comms.


11 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
 
TUESDAY 17 JULY 2012 – ATLAS COURT – 10.00 am

 

Date: 

Wednesday, 19 June, 2013 - 10:00