Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 23rd January 2012
T/CC Bob Dyson (Chair)
T/DCC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
T/ACC Bob Sanderson
DF Nigel Hiller
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
A brief update was provided on the current work in relation to the transfer of services from FSS to the new Regional Scientific Support base at Wakefield (and other locations in respect of certain services), and outlined how some services may be effected during the transition period due to the short time scales involved.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 9 JANUARY 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
• Shared and discussed outcome and proposed actions to agenda items from Chief Constables’ Council, 18th January 2012.
• Discussed the proposed Sheffield District & NHP Restructure.
• Review of PSD has been undertaken and is signed off.
• Briefly touched on the proposed new CHC process which will be discussed at the next South Yorkshire Policing Board.
• Sought prior approval for the Underwater Search proposal which will be presented and discussed at the next RDG meeting.
RESOLVED – SCT supported the paper and will gain SYP approval at RDG.
• Discussed budget response strategy following discussions at Police Authority. In addition, a suitable date is to be identified for a meeting with SY Leaders.
• The TIC Review is going to be presented at the SY Policing Board meeting on Wednesday.
• No major issues with the recent Crime Statistics.
• Gave a personnel and welfare update.
• All Crime -1% change (remained fairly stable)
• Serious acquisitive crime -4.1% change (largely around Sheffield)
PCSO UNIPAR SPEED GUN
T/ACC Sanderson presented the paper to give a review of the current process for targeting speed operations, To offer an alternative approach to the use of Unipar Speed Gun operatives and to further support the achievement of Force strategic priorities 1, 2 and 5.
The paper put forward the following recommendations:
1. SCT should consider the use of Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) to assist Police Officers in targeted speeding operations and a change of policy.
2. To allow PCSOs to operate Unipar 700 Speed Guns.
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed but with the requirement of having PCSOs alongside police officers.
TRANSITION TO PCC
T/DCC Holt presented the paper, giving a brief background and outline of the proposal, discussing its recommendations.
ACTION – Arrange a meeting for joint discussion with the PA. Further update to be given following this.
DF Hiller presented this paper giving background and an outline of the proposal.
RESOLVED – Paper was noted and agreed.
RISK MANAGEMENT INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT
CHIEF OFFICER EXPENSES
BUDGET MONITORING REPORT
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS