Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 6th February 2012
T/DCC Andy Holt (Chair)
ACC Max Sahota
T/ACC Bob Sanderson
ACO Ian Watson
DF Nigel Hiller
Apologies received from T/CC Dyson who had provided a note for colleagues on his thoughts on the papers on the agenda.
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
Head of ISD for South Yorkshire & Humberside, gave a presentation on the Single ICT Shared Service with an overview of ICT merger proposal, timeline, IS processes, joint structure, governance, key benefits and risks.
SCT welcomed the demonstrable progress achieved to date and the recognition that improved customer service and meeting operational needs are key priorities for the new department.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 23 JANUARY 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 1 – actioned
Item 2 – actioned
• Named successful candidates who passed Superintendent Boards.
RESOLVED – ACC Sahota to identify a promotion date for one of the successful candidates.
• Brief update on NPAS.
RESOLVED – send an official response approved and sighted by SCT. ACC Sahota to be sighted and copied into any NPAS correspondence.
• Personnel welfare update.
• Resignation update.
• Discussed CCTV paper around the history of CCTV , future challenges including the benefits of centralisation and associated costs.
RESOLVED – T/ACC Sanderson to obtain further information so that SCT can consider the options available.
• Winsor Implementation Group has been established which will consider and oversee the implementation of the recommendations arising from Winsor’s review into the
remuneration and conditions of service of police officers and staff. The first meeting of this group is scheduled for 10th February.
• All Crime -1.5%
• Burglary in a dwelling +5.3% (biggest issue, affecting predominantly Sheffield)
• Still delivering on crime reduction
• Snow had no major impact on crime
ACO Watson presented the paper to make recommendations regarding the adoption and tailoring of the national PDR model – developed jointly with Humberside Police – and to outline the recommended workplace delivery options.
The paper put forward the following recommendations:
1. SCT embrace the national PDR model but with adaptations to suit SYP needs based on the joint model scoped with Humberside Police.
2. Agree the preferred delivery solution of implementing the national PDR module when it becomes available to SYP.
3. In the interim, consider the following proposed service delivery options:
Option 1 (Preferred Option) Implement joint model (based on national model) using MSWord templates
Option 2 Streamline existing process but do not implement revised national model
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed as per recommendation.
UNIFORM INSPECTOR SELECT LIST – 2010 PROMOTION BOARDS
T/ACC Sanderson presented the paper giving an overview of the current situation in respect of future promotion opportunities in light of the 2012/13 Budget Savings Plans and the Comprehensive Spending Review, and outlining the consultation that has taken place in relation to the officers concerned and provides some financial information to support the recommendation made below.
The paper put forward the following recommendation:
1. That SCT consider the promotion of all 4 officers to Inspector rank
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed, and for promotion to take place in the very near future.
UPDATE ON SYP PARTNERSHIPS
T/ACC Sanderson presented the paper, that updated South Yorkshire Police Authority members on South Yorkshire Police process to manage partnership working, current partnerships, partners and outcomes, and to remind members of the capacity to contribute to existing partnerships and highlight potential risks to the sustainability of those partnerships.
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed.
INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS