Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 20th February 2012
T/CC Bob Dyson (Chair)
T/DCC Andy Holt
T/DCC Mark Whyman
ACC Max Sahota
ACO Ian Watson
DF Nigel Hiller
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 6 FEBRUARY 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 1 - Actioned
T/CC B Dyson
• Brief summary of what was agreed at the PA meeting last Friday.
• Held further NPAS discussion with CC Marshall and members of the Police Authority last Thursday. Expecting latest proposals to be received in two weeks for further
recommendation to the Police Authority meeting on 9th March.
• Gave a personnel welfare and ET update
RESOLVED - SCT agreed that ACO (HR) will now have oversight of all ETsin terms of Directions and Instructions to Legal Services.
• Virtual Courts – South Yorkshire Police have been approached in testing a range of options for opening up the criminal justice system to operating more flexible hours. SYP
however, already have links with the Courts and infrastructure in place for this. CSupt Odell is undertaking some work in this area.
• Presented a WIG report with current updates on workforce planning, workforce trends, corporate finance and Diamond/BCD. There is continued effort around Sickness and
Attendance performance. Discussed the feasibility of linking GRS to Sickness for accurate recording and to avoid double keying. Whilst it was recognised that a business case
was presently being prepared for the SYP/HP combined ERP solution it was agreed to investigate whether it was cost effective to link Oracle HR to GRS in the short-term.
ACTION – ACO Watson to investigate with ISD the cost effectiveness of such a link and to bring back to SCT a decision paper as to how to proceed.
• Gave a personnel update
• Gave a regional update on Underwater Search, Firearms Training.
• Outlined the advantages of a first point and single Chief of contact in relation to regional assessments of collaborative activity in terms of coordinating the request for
information, ensuring returns are consistent and the rationale for further cost savings.
• All Crime -1.9%
• Burglary Dwelling +5.5%
• Criminal Damage -6.0%
• Serious Acquisitive Crime -3.8%
T/DCC Holt presented the paper to update SCT in relation to the internal SYP Target Setting Seminar held on 14th February 2012 at Robert Dyson House, and to gain SCT’s approval of the proposed targets, for further recommendation to the Police Authority.
The paper put forward the recommendation:
1. SCT agree the proposed targets and recommend them as 2012/13 South Yorkshire Police performance targets to the Police Authority.
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed.
POTENTIAL RECRUITMENT OF POLICE OFFICERS
• This paper was presented by T/DCC Holt, giving a background and outline of the proposal, with expected outcomes and resource implications. Further work is required in terms
of the distribution of new recruits.
ACTION – To be included as an Agenda item at the next QRD. T/DCC Holt and ACO Watson to discuss QRD format in advance of the meeting.
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS