Senior Command Team Meeting

Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 2nd April 2012


PRESENT
CC David Crompton (Chair)
DCC Bob Dyson
ACC Andy Holt
ACC Sahota

DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.


PRESENTATION
None


MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 19 MARCH 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record. 


ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 1 Ongoing
Item 2 ACC Sahota confirmed the posts would be cut to match the funding.  Action discharged.
Item 3 SCT to liaise with Bill Wilkinson.  DCC Dyson has written to SYF&R regarding the organisational risks.  Action to be discharged pending a reply.
Item 4 Ongoing


PORTFOLIO ISSUES

DCC Dyson 

•   Discussed the Gold Meeting last week regarding the Fuel Strike.  The Force holds a three months supply of fuel and Vehicle Fleet Management are ensuring that tanks are kept   
     full, as are the other emergency services.  More information is expected through from the Local Resilience Forum. 

      ACTION : CC Staff Officer to liaise with OSS Roads Policing Group Inspector.

•   Advised that the PCC Transition event held at Robert Dyson House last week went well, with over 80 people in attendance.  Results are expected of the due diligence work that
     has been done in relation to the transfer to PCC.

•   Discussed correspondence received in relation to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and a nationwide initiative known as ‘The Jubilee Hour’.  West Yorkshire Police have already 
     committed their support for the scheme. 

     ACTION : CC Staff Officer to research further and be the point of contact.


ACC Holt

• Discussed a current investigation and the potential for a press release. 

• Advised of a project he had agreed and was making SCT aware of the Sheffield Parlour Strategy.  It has a straightforward approach with some good examples of work and results
   through the use of a multi-agency response.  It has proven popular and successful in Lancashire.  A Steering Group has been set up chaired by the Sheffield District Commander
   and the minutes of this will record the fact that all partners are signed up to the strategy.  It was discussed and agreed that any media response should include comments from
    all partners.

• Informed that he had been contacted by PSD regarding diarising Misconduct Hearings.  Previously a system had been used where time in the diary of the ACCs would be ‘block-
   booked’ on a monthly basis, solely for this purpose.  It was agreed that this system would be resurrected, with 2 days each month booked out in the diaries of each ACC.


ACC Sahota

• Discussed the level of resourcing for the Olympic Torch Relay and advised that there is an ACC from each Force that is signed up to working with him as the Gold 
   Commander. 
   ACTION : ACC Sahota to brief CC Crompton on the Torch Relay.

• A general discussion took place in respect of the Helicopter.  It was agreed that  OSS Chief Superintendent be asked to attend the Police Authority Meeting on 13th April 2012.


FORCE PERFORMANCE

ACC Holt advised that it had not been possible to obtain the latest information in respect of the Strategic Performance Overview owing to a system fault.  However, All Crime was down by about 2% (2000 crimes)

Discussion around performance generally and the possibility of a different approach to involve the use of academics, press activity for sharing good news stories and raising awareness, as well as displaying with signage seized vehicles on police premises.

ACTION : CC Staff Officer to research the latter option. 

 

Decision Papers
None


Discussion Information/Items
None
 

Audit Reports
None

 
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
None


ANY OTHER BUSINESS
None

Date: 

Monday, 2 April, 2012 - 10:00