Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 23th July 2012
DCC Bob Dyson (Chair)
ACC Max Sahota
ACO HR Ian Watson
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 9 JULY 2012
RESOLVED – Subject to the correction of the rank on page two to read as T/CC, these were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 7 – PCSO Recruitment – ACO Watson provided an update and said that there was sufficient capacity to reach the 328 target for PCSOs by 12 November this year.
DCC Dyson preparing a paper for a future SCT Meeting on Year 3 and Beyond CSR.
• Discussed an information security incident.
• Received a letter last week from CU regarding the demise of G4S at the Olympics and the possibility of requesting more officers. ACC Sahota said that it was likely the military rather than the police would fill any ‘gap’.
• Advised that there would be a day of action tomorrow – an operation for vehicle crime. This is the first of these under the new system with the aim of trying to maximise media attention as well as achieving significant results for the force
• Recalled that at the last SCT meeting on 9th July, DF Hiller had spoken about a meeting to consider the regional opportunities that may exist for bringing together Information Systems for court handling for both SYP and HP. ACC Sahota advised that he had been asked to be the project’s sponsor but would bring the detail to a future SCT to discuss further before confirming this.
DCC Dyson reported that all crime was down by 9.9%. Burglary dwelling was down by 6.9% and criminal damage down by 17%. Vehicle crime and shoplifting both showed an increase, with shoplifting going up by 19%
The paper, presented by ACO Watson, provided a position statement to SCT on the impact of the National Police Air Support (NPAS) on South Yorkshire Police.
The following recommendations were put forward:
1. Identify relevant Police Officer vacancies within OSS and suitable vacancies throughout the Force through Workforce Planning.
2. Monitor any suitable vacancies for Police Officer posts through the Establishment Control Process.
3. Establish from Air Support Unit Officers what their intentions are in respect of the secondment to NPAS.
ACTION – SCT noted the position. The recommendations would be ongoing under the direction of ACO Watson.
DCC Dyson highlighted the 22 recommendations made by the internal audit team. Whilst there is a significant amount of work to be done, particularly around training, some actions are already showing as complete. DCC Dyson to meet with the Head of Legal Services to discuss and agree the completion of the remaining actions.
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS