Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 20th August 2012
DCC Bob Dyson (Chair)
ACC Andy Holt
DF Nigel Hiller
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 6 AUGUST 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 194 - Actioned.
Item 199 – Ongoing.
• Reviewed and briefly discussed the monthly WIG and Recruitment update.
• SYP is in receipt of the final version of the single national collaboration agreement for NPAS together with the force specific schedules and appendices. ACC Sahota, who is currently on annual leave, has been informed. OSS Head is dealing and liaising with the Police Authority for approval and confirmation of the agreement.
RESOLVED – ACC Sahota to oversee.
• The Daily Crime Figures are now updated automatically, providing more up to date figures.
• Contractors have started work on Carbrook. A full time project manager will be nominated and assigned shortly to oversee the entire project. There was also brief discussion over the need to manage - in advance - the office move in order to ease with the actual move in terms of having a clear out and deciding what items would need to be taken along or not.
ACTON – SCT Office Manager to review SCT and secretariat storage prior to move. Seconded to project manage move of all departments to be sought. Action to Director of Finance and ACO HR.
• ISD interviews are taking place over the next two weeks.
All Crime -9.7%
Violence Against the Person -10.2%
Variations can be seen across the Districts. These will be flagged and addressed at performance visits taking place this week.
Barnsley and Doncaster are seeing burglary issues.
ATTENDANCE AT PARISH/TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS
ACC Holt presented the paper to determine whether Safer Neighbourhood Area staff should routinely attend Parish and Town Council Meetings.
ACTION – Paper was deferred.
AUTHORISED PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (APP)
In September 2012, the NPIA will launch APP which will replace all NPIA printed guidance, manuals and doctrine. APP will be the body of consolidated guidance and doctrine for policing.
DCC Dyson presented this paper giving background to the proposal, with an outline and expected outcomes.
RESOLVED – Temporary Head of BCD is the contact for further information.
BUDGET MONITORING REPORT
SCT noted the report and approved it.
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS