Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 17th September 2012
CC David Crompton (Chair)
DCC Bob Dyson
ACC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
DF Nigel Hiller
ACO Ian Watson
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
SYP’s CSR for Year Three and Beyond
Head of BCD gave an update on the Diamond Programme that focussed on the current position, anticipated savings, the remaining challenge, considerations, strategy for years three to four as well as a summary of recommendations, which were discussed with SCT.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 3 SEPTEMBER 2012
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 199 – complete.
Item 11 - ongoing.
Item 12 – actioned.
• Gave a debrief on SCT succession planning, following the Police Authority meeting on Friday where this paper was discussed.
RESOLVED – Arrangements to be made for interviews to take place in March 2013.
• Addressed resourcing issues deemed necessary to maintain full and continuous support to the Hillsborough Disclosure Team and Enquiry. This included:
- The need to find quick replacement for the Project Manager who is due to retire shortly. SCT discussed available options as well as the suitability of proposed candidates.
- The resources available in Corporate Comms to effectively respond and deal with the heightened and increased interests/enquiries arising from the Hillsborough Report.
ACTION – CC to speak to Corporate Comms about allocating a dedicated press officer to the Hillsborough Enquiry.
• Discussed the two expressions of interest he had received for the post of OSS Chief Inspector.
RESOLVED – SCT agreed on the choice of candidate.
• SCT will shortly receive a report update on current recruitment progress.
All Crime -9.5%
Shoplifting +11.0% (seeing positive improvements)
Theft from a person +15.3%
Theft from a vehicle +3.8% (monitoring this area)
Vehicle crime -1.9%
Paper was deferred.
ANNUAL GOVERNANCE REPORT
BUDGET MANAGER COMMENTARY
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS