Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 4th February 2013
CC David Crompton (Chair)
T/DCC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
T/ACC Martyn Bates
DF Nigel Hiller
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 21st JANUARY 2013
RESOLVED – These were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Items 1 - 7 are all actioned.
• Discussed PCC issues with SCT.
• Gave a debrief after his meeting with the PCC on the 1st February. The agenda items
were discussed and SCT gave an update on some of the action points arising from the meeting. CC requested information in relation to ‘visibility’ in time for his next meeting on 13th February.
ACTION – T/DCC Holt to provide an outline of key actions that are currently undertaken.
All Crime -7.1%
Burglary in a dwelling +6.7%
T/DCC Holt said burglary dwelling continues to be the focus. Burglary in Sheffield remains an issue but moderate activity is going on to manage the problem. In Doncaster, Operation ‘A’ Optimal is running at the moment and already having a positive impact showing reductions as a result of the operation.
Currently engaging with HMIC, advising them of some of the work we are doing particularly the development of an action plan to increase positive outcomes and to show how we are tackling areas like burglary dwelling.
SHEFFIELD CRIME FILE SCANNING PROJECT
T/DCC Holt presented a paper to seek authorisation/approval for the disposal of paper crime files after storing them electronically.
The following recommendation was put forward:
1. For the Senior Command Team to approve the disposal of all original case papers relevant to non custodial detected crimes that have been scanned and stored electronically.
RESOLVED - SCT agreed the paper and if the project proves successful in Sheffield, it will be rolled out throughout districts who have also expressed an interest in utilising this approach.
REVIEW RETAIN OR DISPOSAL TEAM & DEVELOPMENT IN DATA QUALITY
T/ACC Bates presented this paper for SCT to decide on the future direction of the Review, Retain or Disposal Team.
The following recommendations were put forward:
1. South Yorkshire Police to adopt fixed automatic retention periods on systems feeding PND
2. District Crime Managers to ensure that crime files pre-dating CMSii are reviewed and signposts made to their existence on OISii
3. Data Quality issues identified during CRB checks (and any other process) to be rectified on the appropriate system(s) with immediate effect by the RRD Team in their new scope
4. The OISii deletion script to be tested and put into operation
RESOLVED – SCT agreed the paper.
PROPOSED MODEL FOR CHILD SEXUAL EXPLOITATION (CSE) INVESTIGATION WITHIN SOUTH YORKSHIRE
ACC Sahota explained the PCC has proposed to make available funding to support police officer posts to enhance SYP’s response to CSE and presented this paper to outline the proposed investigation model that would incorporate additional staff.
SCT discussed issues and agreed to support the model in principle but added that the paper had to go through the normal process to include financial consultation on cost implications on vehicles, overtime, IT infrastructure etc.
ACTION – ACC Sahota to bring back a full report to enable SCT make an informed decision.
DF Hiller presented a paper to inform SCT of progress made in respect of the relocation of the force headquarters and to seek SCT’s preference for a move date.
RESOLVED – SCT decided to move 4th to 7th April 2013 with a suggested site visit to take place on 12th February, subject to confirmation by the Site Manager that it is safe to do so.
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS