Senior Command Team Meeting

Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 18h March 2013


PRESENT
CC David Crompton (Chair)
T/DCC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
T/ACC Martyn Bates


DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

PRESENTATION(S)
None.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 4th MARCH 2013
These were approved as a true record.

ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – ongoing and awaiting further details on audit of parts to allow SCT take an informed decision.  
  

PORTFOLIO ISSUES

 
CC Crompton

•    Clarified the position in relation to Superintendent’s performance-related bonuses – apart from two exceptions on pages 3-5 under the ‘Determinations of the Secretary Of State Under The Police Regulations 2003’, all bonuses for Superintendents and Chief Superintendents ceased on 1st April 2012.


T/DCC Holt

•     Has authorised a vacancy advertisement and invited expressions of interest for a 2-years Chief Inspector secondment opportunity at the College of Policing.

•     Gave a brief HMIC Valuing The Police update. 


ACC Sahota

•   Brief discussion of the review of the four options for Regional SSU progression.
     ACTION – ACC Sahota to arrange meeting with the Chief for further discussion.

 

T/ACC Bates

•   Discussed CID Implementation Accommodation proposals.  To accommodate the implementation of the CID Review, it is necessary to relocate some of the existing 
     units within SCS for the centralisation to occur. 

•   Gave an account of the consultation and findings of his meetings in relation to Legal Services.  SCT examined the options available but noted further in depth discussion
    was needed for reaching a decision. 


FORCE PERFORMANCE

All Crime  -7.0%
Hate Crime  +15.8%
Burglary in a dwelling +7.2% 
 

Decision Papers


SIGNAGE AT CARBROOK HOUSE AND OTHER POLICE BUILDINGS

T/ACC Bates presented four visual designs with the intention for SCT to choose a preferred option for Carbrook House, which would then be rolled out force-wide for more visible signage on SYP buildings.

RESOLVED – SCT agreed on the signage that draws on the style of the  ‘identification name badge’ that is already in use force-wide and would complement each other in terms of matching design and colours.

ACTION – CC to present the Commissioner with the chosen design at his next meeting with him.

 
CARBROOK HOUSE SNACK BAR FACILITIES

Head of Facilities Management attended the meeting to seek SCT’s view and approval to provide  staffed service in the rest area for a basic snack and sandwich bar to offer a selection of sandwiches, paninis, jacket potatoes, soft drinks, hot drinks.
Suggested service hours are 8.15 am  to  2.15 pm Monday to Friday and staffed by a kitchen assistant. 

RESOLVED – SCT agreed on a clear understanding that the service proposed is to be established on a zero subsidy basis with no cost to the force.
 


CAUGHT ON CAMERA WEBSITE

T/ACC Bates presented this paper which looks at prioritising the creation of a ‘Caught on Camera’ Website now that development costs are known.

The following recommendations were put forward:

1. SCT to approve a ‘Caught on Camera’ facility on the SYP Internet site.

2. SCT to determine how the project should be funded and give priority to implementation of this site.

RESOLVED – Paper was approved for implementation of the site.  It was also agreed that the costs and subsequent annual costs would be met from the SCS budget. 


Discussion Papers


IMPROVE EFFICIENCY

Head of BCD is currently working on a paper called ‘Freeing Up Police Time’ (FUPT) which will be brought to SCT for discussion.

ACTION – Head of BCD to incorporate a Gap Analysis and Action Plan.


VER SCHEME FOR POLICE OFFICERS

HR are preparing a paper which will form the basis for SCT discussion and decision making.  T/DCC Holt has requested BCD to pull together a report with some projections on who may be eligible and potential costs. 

ACTION – SCT agreed to meet as soon as all information is at hand in order to make a decision.


INTEGRATED SERVICES

T/DCC Holt presented this paper giving background and an outline of the proposal. On 28th May 2012, the Integrated Services paper was submitted and discussed at SCT where the Chief Constable agreed to the sharing of powers between Local Authorities (Las) and Police under the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS).

At a recent meeting it was clear there was strong continued support for the Integrated Services work but all Las expressed some concern that they would prefer the delegation to request name and address; power to require name and address for anti-social behaviour and power to issue penalty notices for causing harassment, alarm or distress.

In order to try to consider progress of these powers, consultation has taken place between training, relevant partners and the Community Safety Department.

This paper is therefore submitted with consideration to the SCT to supplement the already delegated powers.

The following considerations were put forward:

1. SCT to consider the extension of the powers to include the three requested in relation to name and address and anti-social behaviour.

2. For the current CSAS LA staff to be trained in the use of the newly requested powers and for these to be rolled out on a needs basis across the four districts.

RESOLVED – Paper was agreed as per recommendations.


Audit Reports
None.

 
Papers to Review

UPDATE ON SYP PARTNERSHIPS
Noted.

PCC ISSUES
Noted updates on the actions list


NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
None.
      
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
None.

Date: 

Monday, 18 March, 2013 - 10:00