Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 15th April 2013
CC David Crompton (Chair)
DCC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
CSupt Simon Torr
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
SCT had a general discussion following a Spending Review update which was presented by BCD in preparation for the forthcoming HMIC VtP3 and meeting with the PCC.
RESOLVED - Recruitment was reviewed and to finalise future cost saving requirements, SCT agreed the following with immediate effect. (this does not apply in any case where a formal offer of employment has been issued - conditional or final). These controls will be kept under review and adapted as the situation changes in future.
1. For All Police Staff roles, there will be an immediate freeze on external recruitment. Any exception to this rule must be authorised by SCT via the Establishment Control Group.
2. For Atlas Court, the current recruitment position will be reviewed and a decision made by SCT prior to the implementation of the freeze.
3. For IT/IS staff as this is a shared service between SYP/HP the current round of recruitment will continue. Future vacancies must be approved by both Force Command teams before filling.
4. For PCSOs, recruiting will continue where necessary to maintain the PCC’s commitment of 328.
5. As there are pending reviews associated with SCS and OSS any vacancy existing or arising from both these areas must not be filled (this applies to both police officer and staff vacancies). Any exception to this rule must be authorised by SCT via the establishment Control Group.
6. No External Agency Staff can be used unless express approval is given by a member of SCT.
In addition, further work and discussion needs to take place on the force’s future direction.
ACTION – Bring forward the SCT Away Day to which district and departmental heads will be invited to attend for discussion and their views.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 2nd APRIL 2013
These were approved as a true record following an amendment being made to item 84 Portfolio Updates as follows:
• DF Hiller confirmed the first session of interviews for the new Joint Audit Committee membership had taken place. There had been 38 applications and 12 of these are to be interviewed.
• The sale concluded on Meersbrook last week.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – ongoing and awaiting further details on audit of parts to allow SCT take an informed decision.
• Reviewed SCT newspaper requirements.
ACTION – SCT will move to the use of electronic version as part of further saving measures.
• Reviewed the SCT photo board.
RESOLVED – SCT favoured for a picture board of SCT & SCS to be put up in the reception area of the Senior Command Suite. The photo board of former Chief Constables will no longer be used.
All crime is down 6.7% with
Violence Against the Person down 21.1%
Shoplifting is down 5.7%
Criminal Damage is down 7%
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS