Senior Command Team Meeting

Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 13th May 2013


PRESENT
DCC Andy Holt (Chair)
T/DCC Mark Whyman
ACC Sahota
T/ACC Martyn Bates
DF Hiller
ACO Watson


DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

PRESENTATION
None.
 
 
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 29th APRIL 2013
These were approved as a true record.


ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – T/ACC Bates gave an interim update.  The list of parts has been compiled and agreed with PAS (company who do NPAS’ engineering). Parts will be sent to PAS for their value to be established.  T/ACC Bates is meeting with WYP next week for further discussions and will report back to SCT.

 

PORTFOLIO ISSUES

ACC Sahota

• Gave a CID and vehicle visibility update.  A paper and presentation is being prepared for the next SCT business meeting.  This will entail proposals and the numbers that can be achieved with estimated timescales.  More specifically, if the timescales can be listed in a flagging system to indicate which can be undertaken in the short, medium and long term.  In the interim however, to fast track certain decisions and work another paper will be circulated to SCT beforehand. 
 

DF Hiller

• Found the recent SCT Away Day to be a constructive meeting.  Will be on annual leave for the next proposed meeting on 8th August and asked if another date be possible to fit around SCT summer leave arrangements.
 
ACTION – PA to look at the possibility.


T/ACC Bates

Provided a signage update. The planning process for Carbrook is ongoing.  FM have the lead on this.  The Planning Department have not yet given an official decision so no signs will be ordered until we are in receipt of a definite response.  The signage for the remainder of SYP buildings has been placed into one of three categories, depending upon priority, significance, visibility and public access.  FM are looking at costing and identification of any planning issues.

ACTION – DF Hiller to speak to Head of Facilities.

 

FORCE PERFORMANCE

Sheffield & Doncaster District are currently performing better in contrast to Barnsley and Rotherham, particularly around the area of burglary.   DCC Holt is meeting with Rotherham District Commander tomorrow to discuss performance and Optimal Forager implementation, and more generally about what steps are to be taken to get on track with meeting overall target.
         


Decision Papers


CLARIFICATION AND AGREEMENT OF ON-CALL ROLES

ACO Watson presented this paper to explain the implications of the introduction of an on-call allowance, following Winsor’s recommendation and to seek SCT approval for the payment of on-call allowance for Federated ranks accepting on-call responsibilities.


RESOLVED – Paper was agreed in principle on the proviso that costing details are confirmed by finance and the two areas of Protective Services namely Senior Detective and Dedicated Source Unit are looked at and reviewed for a final decision (ACTION – T/ACC Bates).


 
     
Audit Reports

SECTION 25 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 2003

SCT noted the report prepared by DF Hiller that the Chief Constable must have regard to when making decisions in respect of the revenue budget.


Papers to Review
None.

PCC ISSUES
None.

NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
None
      
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
None

Date: 

Monday, 13 May, 2013 - 10:00