Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 29th April 2013
CC David Crompton (Chair)
DCC Andy Holt
T/ACC Martyn Bates
CSupt Simon Torr
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 15th APRIL 2013
These were approved as a true record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – ongoing
• Gave a de-brief of key updates discussed at last week’s ACPO Chief Constables’ Council.
• Relayed and discussed some requests from the PCC to SCT.
• Sought SCT approval for Media member of staff who has expressed interest and volunteered to the mutual aid request from PSNI for the G8 in Northern Ireland between 12-21st June 2013.
RESOLVED - SCT agreed in principle dependent on timescales. T/ACC Bates to confirm dates and finalise arrangements.
. Following interviews for the new Joint Audit Committee, five members have been chosen and offered membership, although membership has not officially been confirmed yet.
• The PCC is looking to establish a Joint Consultative Committee with the recognised Trade Unions at SYP. The first meeting has been arranged for 29 May which Mr Watson is attending.
• Provided an update on the Media and Marketing support for the PCC’s office. One full time and part time post have been agreed, and staff will be recruited and appointed from next week.
• In ACC Sahota’s absence, sought SCT approval as part of the Specials Recruitment Plan, for the email footer of external emails to be altered to have a Specials recruitment strap line added:
“Could you or someone you know make a difference as a Special Constable in
South Yorkshire Police? If so call 0114 2197000 or visit www.southyorks.police.uk
to find out more”.
RESOLVED – SCT agreed the email footer proposed.
In addition, SCT discussed changing the ‘theme’ of external email footers on perhaps a monthly basis.
ACTION – Media & Marketing to come up with ‘theme’ suggestions every month for sharing with SCT at business meetings for a decision.
Doncaster All Crime down 11.1%
Doncaster Burglary down 21.1%
Sheffield All Crime down 7.1%
Sheffield Burglary down 10.4%
Rotherham All Crime up 19.5%
Rotherham Burglary up 27.6%
Barnsley All Crime up 5.5%
Barnsley Burglary up 41.3%
INTRODUCTION OF A RECOGNITION AWARD/BONUS PAYMENT POLICY
ACO Watson presented this paper to seek SCT approval to introduce a revised Bonus Payments Policy incorporating a new Recognition Award Payment for whole teams and for outstanding work for the public, i.e. Winsor Recommendation 31.
The following recommendations were put forward:
1. SCT approve the attached Recognition Award/Bonus Payment Policy incorporating Winsor Recommendation 31
2. SCT approve continuation of the current allocated Budget, and that this is further reviewed in 12 months time, taking into account implementation of Recommendation 31
RESOLVED – Paper was agreed as per recommendations.
DF Hiller presented a schedule of year-end carry forward requests. It was agreed the Director of Finance would review in detail the submitted schemes to determine appropriate options for each of the schemes.
Papers to Review
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS