Senior Command Team Meeting

Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 10th June 2013


PRESENT
CC Crompton (Chair)
DCC Andy Holt
ACC Sahota
T/ACC Martyn Bates
DF Hiller
ACO Watson


DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.


PRESENTATION
A presentation was given by Serious Crime T/DSupt in support of the Visibility discussion paper which will be taken to the Governance Advisory Board on 28th June 2013. This gave background information and an outline of suggested implementation phases with recommendations and expected outcomes. 

   
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 28th MAY 2013
These were approved as a true record subject to an amendment to SCT agreement and implementation on agenda item 148 – PDR Development – which now reads that all staff (in addition to all managers and supervisors) change their PDR due date and be included in the interim process for this year. 


ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – T/ACC Bates briefed SCT on the latest position regarding NPAS parts.


PORTFOLIO ISSUES

 
DCC Holt

•  Raised data quality issues with further reporting to be brought back for wider discussion.  


DF Hiller

•  Gave a de-brief on the Regional Delivery Group meeting attended last week.  Thoughts on Collaboration going forward will be discussed at the Regional Chief Officers’    
Conference taking place on 20th June 2013.    

•  Director of Estates at Humberside Police has offered to provide consultancy support in relation to custody suites. DF Hiller put forward           the suggestion that MK comes to talk to SCT to discuss his business proposal for Estates and Facilities.

         RESOLVED – SCT agreed to a visit.
            

T/ACC Bates

•   Gave a progress update on Volunteers – three key activities for potential use by volunteers have been identified, some benchmarking work has been undertaken with     Humberside Police,  role profiles and specifications have been completed.  This will be discussed at the Volunteers Meeting on 11th June 2013. 

•   The CID Restructure Implementation Intelligence Project recommendations were largely approved for implementation by the Diamond Programme Board so work will now start on the formal consultation for staff.  Building work has commenced to provide the office accommodation for some centralised functions with more detailed plans also developing for the other units that will be sited elsewhere in SYP.

•   Working on the COMPOSITE project in collaboration with the University of Sheffield.  Part of this work encompasses doing their project on the CID re-organisation. 


FORCE PERFORMANCE

Doncaster and Sheffield are still outperforming Barnsley and Rotherham.  DCC Holt is meeting with Rotherham today to discuss performance and about looking to get back on track.

 All Crime  -2.7%
 Burglary  -6.3%

 Doncaster 
 All Crime -8.6%
 Burglary  -26.6%

 Sheffield
 All Crime -8.3%
 Burglary  -12.5%

 Barnsley
 All Crime +2.4%
 Burglary  +5.9%

 Rotherham
 All Crime +16.5%
 Burglary  +42.9%

 

Decision Papers
None


Discussion Papers


ACPO COMMUNITY TENSION POLICY

T/ACC Bates presented a paper to brief the Senior Command Team on the key points of a new Public Order Community Tension Monitoring Policy, focusing upon intelligence processes, which has been developed by ACC Sharon Rowe, ACPO lead for the National Intelligence Model. This policy was agreed at Chief Constables Council on the 24th April 2013 and becomes effective from Monday 10th June 2013.
RESOLVED – SCT noted the report.

DRAFT PAPERS FOR BUDGET PROPOSAL MEETING:


SNIG HILL HEATING

DF Hiller presented a paper to provide the PCC with a recommendation as to the most cost effective and environmentally efficient replacement of boilers at Snig Hill Police Station.

The following recommendation was put forward:
1) The Commissioner is recommended to approve Option 1 of the proposed scheme to replace the primary heat source boilers by installing a heat exchanger connected to the Sheffield District Energy Recovery Plant.

RESOLVED –  SCT noted the paper.

 

PSN NETWORK INVEST TO SAVE

DF Hiller presented a briefing paper which provided a background to the current PSN Framework with respect to connectivity services, outline the proposals for the migration of existing services to the PSN Framework from a single force and collaborative view point, including costs and seek agreement to progress the proposal through regional procurement. 

RESOLVED – SCT noted the paper. 
ACTION – requires a brief front page to go out with the paper.


Audit Reports

INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT
Noted.


Papers to Review

DRAFT ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT 2012/13
Noted. 


PCC ISSUES

IS STRATEGY
Noted.


NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
None
      
ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Briefed SCT of the proposed ACC Interview format, requesting ACC Sahota to chair the Community panel. 

Date: 

Monday, 10 June, 2013 - 10:00