Senior Command Team Meeting

Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 24th June 2013


PRESENT
CC Crompton (Chair)
ACC Sahota
T/ACC Martyn Bates
DF Hiller
ACO Watson


DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.


PRESENTATION
Head of Vehicle Fleet Management gave a presentation on Fleet Savings to complement the decision paper below.
  
 
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 10th JUNE 2013
These were approved as a true record.


ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
Item 54 – T/ACC Bates briefed SCT on the latest position regarding NPAS parts.


PORTFOLIO ISSUES

CC Crompton

•  Gave a brief update on Regional SSU and CSI.


DF Hiller

•  Advised the Efficiency Advisory Panel meeting took place last Friday which was
   attended by DF Hiller and DCC Holt.
•  Gave an update on Facilities Management.
•  ERP has gone live.  Apart from a couple of minor issues that are being looked atand getting resolved, all other tests were passed.
•  The deadline for annual accounts to be produced is 30th June 2013. 
•  SYP was one of three winners to receive a certificate and a Carbon Reduction Local Impact Award in recognition for our achievement in this area. 


ACC Sahota

•   Gave a working progress update on the marking of vehicles.  Out of the 63 vehicles being progressed in phase 1, 25 are now liveried.  The remainder of phase 1 is
     anticipated to be completed by end of June with the exception of 6 vehicles which will be carried out when new replacement vehicles arrive in a month or two.

•   Contact Management Board meeting with Humberside is taking place this Friday so T/ACC Bates will be attending ACPO Summer Conference.  A force lead has yet to
     be appointed and be of at least Superintendent rank.

  ACTION – ACC Sahota to nominate.


T/ACC Bates

• Gave a brief update on employment matters.

• 6 forces, including SYP, are invited to attend the Home Office Mental Health Challenge Event on 10th July 2013.  Supt Andrew Parker has been tasked to pull together a meeting beforehand to identify representatives who are able and suited to attend this event.

• Both T/ACC Bates and DF Hiller are unable to attend next RDG meeting on the 4th July. 

ACTION – DCC Holt needs to be made aware of this.


FORCE PERFORMANCE

 All Crime  -1.6%
 Burglary -4.4%

 Doncaster
 All Crime -7.5%
 Burglary -24.8%

 Sheffield
 All Crime -7.0%
 Burglary -8.3%

 Barnsley
 All Crime +4.6%
 Burglary +7.1%

 Rotherham
 All Crime +15.9%
 Burglary +36.2%

Barnsley and Rotherham are still causing concerns but plans are in place now focussing in these two areas to address issue.  Performance visits have taken place at both districts and Op Forager will be rolled out force wide to tackle crime.

 

Decision Papers


 ORIGIN DUTY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

DF Hiller presented this paper for SCT’s approval to the Terms of Reference for the Origin Duty Management System (DMS) research piece.

The following recommendation was put forward:

1.  In order to progress with the implementation of DMS across both South Yorkshire Police and Humberside Police, it is recommended that the Senior Command Team approve the attached Terms of Reference.
 
RESOLVED – SCT approved the paper.

CLARIFICATION & AGREEMENT ON ON-CALL ROLES

ACO Watson presented this paper to explain the implications of the introduction of an on-call allowance, following Winsor’s recommendation, and to seek SCT approval for the payment of on-call allowance for Federated ranks accepting on-call responsibilities.

The following recommendations were put forward:

1. That SCT endorse the appended list of posts and roles (amended to reflect potential changes resulting from Force CID/Intel Reviews) as essential on-call functions, recognising that a daily allowance of £15 is payable to police officers up to and including the rank of Chief Inspector undertaking those roles.
2. That for the purposes of administering the on-call allowance, ‘a day’ is defined as 0700 hours to 0700 hours, to align with the force standard duty rota.
3. Agree to back date on-call payments to 1st April 2013, the effective date of the Determination to Police Regulations.
4. Districts and Departments to maintain and monitor on-call arrangements, with the primary aims of:
• maintaining resilience in essential roles,
• ensuring the health and well being of officers accepting on-call responsibilities

RESOLVED – SCT approved the paper.


FLEET SAVINGS
  
DF Hiller presented a paper to advise SCT of possible areas where savings could be realised within Fleet Management.
A number of recommendations were put forward. 

RESOLVED – SCT were in broad agreement with the exception of a few provisos.  PSU vehicles need to be further reviewed, taking into account age, usage, replacement and spare capacity.  Consideration must also be given to keeping the ratio of vehicles in line with demand.
ACTION – T/ACC Bates to liaise with Vehicle Fleet Management about PSU vehicles and to take a revised paper to the next Local Policing Board.

Discussion Papers


STAFF CAR PARKING FACILITIES

DF Hiller presented a briefing paper to assist SCT gain an understanding on the variety of parking arrangements in existence across the force, and to determine whether the provision of car parking for staff in Sheffield will be extended in light of the cessation of the Duniec car parking at the end of June 2013.

RESOLVED –  SCT noted the content of the paper and agreed the current arrangements for Sheffield this financial year, with the proviso that these would be reviewed for the next financial year in order to consider the new operational arrangements for Snig Hill that are still bedding down.
 
CSAS ACCREDITATION FOR CASH & TRAFFIC MANAGMENT LTD

DCC Holt presented a paper for the Chief Constable to accredit CTM’s current PATOs with ACPO approved powers:

•  Power to control traffic for purposes other than escorting a load of exceptional circumstances, based on the powers constables have under sections 35 and 27 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

• Power to require name and address for road traffic offence

RESOLVED – Paper was agreed. 


SSU

SCT discussed proposed revised governance arrangements for the Scientific Support Unit.

RESOLVED – Paper was noted.


Audit Reports


BUDGET MONITORING REPORT
Noted


Papers to Review
None

 
PCC ISSUES
None
 
 

NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
None
      
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
None

Date: 

Monday, 24 June, 2013 - 10:00