Finance Committee meeting 21.6.13

 

FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING

 

 FRIDAY 21 JUNE 2013, CARBROOK HOUSE

 

 

Present:           Mr Nigel Hiller (Chair)

                        Mrs Debbie Carrington

                        Mr Robert Fennessy

                        Mr Daniel Blackwell on behalf of Mrs Natalie Beal

                        Mrs Sharon Prasanto administration

 

Apologies:       Mr Geoff Berrett – annual leave

                        Mrs Natalie Beal

 

  1. Minutes of last meeting held on 21 May 2013 and matters arising

 

The minutes of the last meeting held on 21 May were accepted as a true and accurate record.

 

NH asked for it to be formally recorded in the minutes to say his thanks to the Oracle team for the way they handled the Oracle R12 upgrade which had been very successful.  It was also happily noted that Alan Marsden was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Leaders in Action Awards 2013.

 

DB had circulated a report he had written on the issues surrounding accruals.  Members reviewed the report.  NH requested that this go on the agenda of the next FCM meeting in order to review the report in more detail to include GB’s views and also feedback from the OMA’s. 

 

 

Action:            SP to include DB’s report on accruals to be placed on the agenda of the next

                         FCM

 

Regional VAT - RF confirmed he had spoken to BDO.  A schedule of actions would be completed next week and he confirmed that GB was going to write to colleagues in the West and North.

 

NH confirmed GB had written to Erika Redfearn regarding the PCC’s views on donations.

 

  1. Revenue Monitoring (standing item)

 

Budget monitoring report was reviewed and appropriate amendments made.  Current overspend of approx £1.4M.  As the EDL march occurred in June the report does not incorporate this amount.  The estimate for EDL is approximately £540,000.  NH asked DC to simplify the report and to make a note that the system had been down limiting the amount of work produced.  DC to send the  completed report to SCT Business meeting on 24 June and thereafter to Steve Pick at the Joint Secretariat.

 

  1. Capital Programme (standing item)

 

DC reported there is a projected overspend on the Oracle upgrade of £44K.  Other than that were  no material variances to report.

 

  1. External Funding (standing item)

 

DB said it was too early to start looking at the figures and there were no significant issues to report. DC stated that there was still work to be completed on grants.

 

 

  1. Capital Scheme Brief Approvals and Items approved outside of FCM (standing item)

 

There were three scheme briefs for approval.  See separate capital scheme brief schedule.

 

NH confirmed there were two schemes that had been approved outside of the FCM.  These were PSN and the Snig Hill heating scheme.  These two schemes had been sent as draft paper to SCT and were both approved.

 

  1. Exchequer Issues (standing item)

 

RF raised the issue about the proposed increase in the NI rate.  DC confirmed this had been built into the MTF.  NH stated that the Treasurer had  confirmed that they are taking the saving.  NH asked to see the latest version of the MTFS.  DC to send it to NH. 

 

 

Action:                DC to send the latest version of the MTFS to NH

 

 

 

  1. Devolution of Budgets

 

DC sought approval to look at devolving Unsocial Hours Allowance and asked to devolve the PCSO’s budget.  This was approved. DC asked for Mobile information airtime to be devolved.  DC to look into this as NH stated things were going to change regarding mobile working. 

 

  1. Grants Reporting

 

DC said that currently we don’t write a separate report on grants from partners other than the budget monitoring report.  Should we have a quarterly report on grants for the PCC.   NH said he would raise this issue with Steve Pick.

 

  1. Staff working for the PCC

 

DC raised the issue of the additional cost of salaries for the staff working for the PCC.  NH said he would like to discuss this with Steve Pick.  DC to prepare a note for SCT regarding where we are at the present time.   Following a meeting with OMA’s, DC raised the issue of IIP forms being delayed.  DC to find out which ones are delayed and let NH know who would like to speak to Steve Pick. 

 

  1. Date and Time of Next meeting:                 Wed 17 July 2013 – 2pm, Carbrook House

 

 

 

Date: 

Friday, 21 June, 2013 - 11:00