Barnsley District Command Team - 23 July 2013


In Attendance:  

Chief Superintendent Andy Brooke (Chair)
Superintendent Liz Watson, Operations
Mary Verity, Business Manager
A/PS Andy Froggatt, Staff Officer
A/DI Gary Askew, CID

Apologies:  

DCI Mark Wilkie, Crime Manager
Phil Swain, Operational Management Accountant
Heather Askwith, HR Operational Partner
CI Andy Hodgkinson, Response
T/Chief Inspector Simon Wanless, Safer Neighbourhoods

Copy to:  

Rachel Lilley, Barnsley District Liaison Officer


1. APOLOGIES

1.1 As above.


2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING

2.1 The minutes of the last meeting dated 9 July 2013 were agreed as an accurate record.


3. ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

3.1 Talent Management.  Action Plan ongoing.  Action:  Superintendent Watson and Mary Verity to progress.
 
3.2 Response Team Clerk.  Heather Askwith, CI Hodgkinson and Mary Verity to progress.  Ongoing.

3.3 Retail Crime Unit Proposal.  Chief Supt. Brooke, DCI Wilkie and Supt. Watson to discuss.  Ongoing.

3.4 Leaders in Action Away Day.  Chief Supt. Brooke and Supt. Watson to discuss.  Ongoing.


4. LOCAL CRIME & PCC POLICING PLAN

4.1 Summary of Year to Date Performance re PCC Targets

All crime is up by 3.2% (142 offences). 

ASB is down by 4%.   

Burglary dwelling is up by 17.1% (44 offences). 

Vehicle crime is up by 14.3% (68 offences).

Criminal damage is down by 8.2% (70 offences).

Violence with injury is up by 31.3% (97 offences).  

Hate crime is down by 3.7% (1 offence).

The positive outcome overall detection rate is 31.1%.

4.2 Forthcoming Events/Operations

 The football season is approaching.


5. Closed. 


6. DISTRICT MANAGEMENT/VALUE FOR MONEY

6.1 Update from Key Force Meetings

Reactive CID will remain under District command.  In terms of shift patterns, whilst Barnsley staff have selected Option 2, the Force preference is Option 1.  Discussions are ongoing around this.

Whilst the Intelligence Review has been finalised, concerns were raised at the Workforce Implementation Group on 22 July 2013 relating to the process and consultation.  A consultation meeting around the review will be held today.

The Economic Crime Review has been agreed but it has yet to go to the Workforce Implementation Group. 

The PPU Review has been put back to September 2013 for consideration.

The OSS Review will be presented for discussion in September 2013.

A District Policing Review has been launched.

6.2 OMA Financial Commentary

The District is running at a slight underspend.

6.3 Risk Register

 No new items.

Business Continuity.  Returns are being collated from SPOCs in relation to the recent computer outage.  The findings will be passed to Eric Mirfin to present to DCC Holt in due course.

6.4 Business Plan

 The centralisation of a fully combined partnership enforcement team is being considered within the gym and bar area.  Options and costs are awaited from FM.  Paul Brannan is also seeking funding to support this move.   

Business Plan Projects.  The projects have been reviewed.


6.5 Human Resource Issues

Establishment.  Deferred to next meeting.

Personnel & Welfare Issues.  Deferred to the next meeting.

 Awards.  Chief Superintendent Brooke has circulated the criteria for the District Award Ceremony.  To date, three returns have been received.  Command Team members were asked to emphasise the criteria to their respective teams and request nominations – deadline for returns 9 August 2013.  The winners of each category will be considered for the Force Ceremony.

Closed.

6.6 Performance Visit Action Schedule

Deferred to the next meeting.

6.7 Audit Reports

 No new items. 

6.8 Post BA0241 OMU

 Post BA0241 was discussed within the meeting.  Action:  Chief Superintendent Brooke, Superintendent Watson, DCI Wilkie and DI Hancock to meet and discuss options around the post.
 

7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

7.1 No items. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date: 

Monday, 5 August, 2013 - 15:15