OSS Comms Management Team Meeting

 

OSS COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT

MANAGEMENT TEAM MEETING

MINUTES

 

Thursday 18 July 2013

Atlas Court

10.00 am

 

 

 

PRESENT:

 

Adrian Moran

Superintendent (Chair)

Julian Roper

Business Change Officer

Barbara Russell

HR Shared Partner

Teresa Govier

Operations Support Manager)

Diana Harris

Performance & Planning Manager

Liz Ellison

PNC Bureau Manager

Joyce Elias

Secretary (minutes)

 

APOLOGIES:

 

Tracy Potter

Operations Manager

Rebecca Chapman

Inspector/Force Incident Manager

Richard Hulme

Inspector/FIM

Dawn Pearson / Jayne Wyle

Disclosure Unit Manager / Deputy

Amanda Emmerson

OMA

 

 

 

1

WELCOME & APOLOGIES

 

Attendees and apologies noted above. 

 

2

PREVIOUS MINUTES

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 19 June 2013 were agreed as a true record of the meeting.

 

3

ACTION SCHEDULE

 

Updates recorded on action schedule.

 

4

DECLARATION OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

As agenda and:

Sickness / Contractual Hours – Diana Harris

 

5

OPERATING PLAN

 

Julian Roper asked Supt Moran to obtain an update on Change Requests.

 

ACTION:  Supt Moran to obtain an update on Change Requests for J. Roper

 

Julian advised that the current force administrator is leaving the organisation, as yet it is not known who the new TENS administrator will be.

 

ACTION:  Supt Moran to find out who new TENS Administrator is.

 

6

RISK REGISTER

 

Equipment Room Atlas Court – on force risk register Mr Hiller owns risk, he has asked for plans to be fast tracked as a priority, money available.

 

PNC – Liz Ellison

Update / detail to follow.

 

 

7

PERFORMANCE

 

P&Q report for June sent out with meeting papers.

 

QA / TUTOR UNIT UPDATE

June report circulated prior to meeting. 

Diana Harris overview on key areas of report:

Hate Crime – 33 created; 10 checked, 8 correct

 

ACTION:  Teresa Govier to locate Hate Crime Audit Report.  Need to prepare Action Plan.

 

ASB  Audit – Teresa Govier – 95% of ASB recognised at point and closed as ASB.  Area we need to work on is whether it is nuisance or personal.  Can also improve compliance by asking vulnerability questions at front end (Teresa briefing Team Leaders).  Questions now on desktop.

 

Action Fraud – 248 incidents created, 31 checked, trends:

  • Titled and graded correctly
  • Closed using correct closure codes (ex 3)
  • AF Vulnerable questions not recorded on 11
  • AF Qualifier added incorrectly on 4

In addition Teresa has done a dip sample this week, there were 25 incidents where we had signposted and put qualifier on (not req’d when signposted).  Fed back to Tutor Unit

 

ACTION:  Monthly Julie Humphries to put ‘key things we need to improve’ on the Briefing Site.

 

COMPLAINTS & COMPLIMENTS

No complaints received in June.

One compliments received and 9 pieces of Good Work recorded.

Applause Board continues to be well used.

 

TRAINING

No issues.

 

8

ORGANISATIONAL & MANAGEMENT

 

HR Issues

Barbara Russell updated:

Vacancies currently being calculated.

Sickness above force average.

 

Health & Safety

Very high temperatures in call handling this week, filters being cleaned and fans now available in case problem reoccurs.  

 

Finance (Tracy Potter)

No update.

 

Equality (Tracy Potter)

No items raised.

 

9

POLICIES / KNOWLEDGE BANK

 

New procedure for Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme – Knowledge Bank number issued, put on review register and published on Briefing Site.

 

Concern raised about the number of procedures / documents on the Briefing Site Knowledge Bank that are not on the review register or that have not had an annual review.

 

ACTION:  Diana Harris to ask Tutors to review documents within the Knowledge Bank on the Briefing Site and identify those that need to be on the Review Register and / or reviewed.

 

10

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

 

2013/14 Football Season Staffing – Diana Harris

RPU currently resourcing and also identifying key games and dates.

 

ACTION:  Diana Harris / RPU to identify all Cat C Football Matches 2013/14 and restrict leave on Planet (also restrict leave for Tour de France dates).

 

User Satisfaction Survey – Supt Moran

Several questions on the survey are not relevant, Supt Moran asked Teresa Govier to questions and Comms representation at the User Satisfaction Group meeting, with CI Green.

 

ACTION:  Teresa Govier to contact CI Green to discuss the relevance of questions on the User Satisfaction Survey and Comms representation at the User Satisfaction group meeting.

 

Teresa advised that Doncaster District are organising training on satisfaction for their officers, and Atlas have been invited to contribute.  This is an excellent opportunity for Atlas to participate and Teresa is looking at persons available to attend.

 

Sickness / Contractual Hours – Diana Harris

Need HR clarification on how contractual hours are affected when an individual is off sick.

 

ACTION:  Tracy Potter to obtain HR ruling from Barbara Russell on how Contractual Hours are affected by Sickness Absence.

 

11

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

TUESDAY 20 AUGUST 2013 – ATLAS COURT – 10.00 am – Main Item for Discussion and Update will be the Atlas Court Review. (Meeting cancelled)

   

 

Date: 

Thursday, 18 July, 2013 - 10:00