OSS Comms Management Team Meeting

 

OSS COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
MANAGEMENT TEAM MEETING
MINUTES

Tuesday 21 May 2013
Atlas Court
10.00 am


PRESENT: 
Adrian Moran Superintendent (Chair)
Rebecca Chapman Inspector/Force Incident Manager
Tracy Potter Operations Manager
Stuart Chapman Functional Manager (Dispatch)
Julie Lane Functional Manager (Dispatch)
Francine Timperley-Walker Functional Manager (Call Handling)
Liz Ellison PNC Bureau Manager
Diana Harris Performance & Planning Manager
Adele Cooper CST Manager
Dawn Pearson Disclosure Unit Manager
Julian Roper Business Change Officer
Joyce Elias Secretary (minutes)
APOLOGIES 
Marissa Cooper Chief Inspector
Teresa Govier Operations Support Manager
Amanda Emmerson OMA
 
 
1 WELCOME & APOLOGIES
 Attendees and apologies noted above. 
Supt Moran gave an update on the forthcoming Diamond Review – recorded under AOB.

2 PREVIOUS MINUTES
 The minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2013 were agreed as a true record of the meeting.

3 ACTION SCHEDULE
 Updates recorded on action schedule..

4 DECLARATION OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 Diamond review of OSS Communications
Shift review & RPU Review Updates

5 OPERATING PLAN
 Julian Roper gave the meeting a short overview of the software. 

ACTION:  Liz Ellison to email PNC project details to Julian Roper for inclusion on TENS

This system will be a main part of future management team meetings.

The following actions were given by Supt Moran to all Managers:

ACTION:  All/TENS -     Familiarise self with TENS software / Comms projects
- Update own projects
- Scan all projects – can any be closed?
- Review next meeting

6 RISK REGISTER
 No new risks.

7 PERFORMANCE
 QA / TUTOR UNIT UPDATE
April report circulated prior to meeting.  As updated on action schedule an action plan has been formulated and feedback is being given to teams daily in tasking.

P&Q report for April sent out with meeting papers, Tracy Potter advised the 999 secondary performance is down at 88%, would appear that on nights we struggle to maintain 999 primary performance between 1 and 5 am.
PNC data not currently being included in report; Liz Ellison advised that Court Results were up by 600 in April, and Arrest Summons by 400, slight drop in performance.

COMPLAINTS & COMPLIMENTS
Tracy Potter advised that training on the new IPCC process has been requested by one of the Functional Managers and this is being arranged.
Adele Cooper advised that the recent guide issued by the IPCC states that written confirmation should be sent to the complainant confirming the outcome and advising that they have a right of appeal.  This was discussed and it was agreed that as the IPCC instruction is a guideline only it will be sufficient to ask the complainant if they require written confirmation, and it will only be done for those who request it.

TRAINING
No items tabled for discussion.

8 ORGANISATIONAL & MANAGEMENT
 HR Issues
Comms – currently 20 vacancies with a further 14 staff on secondment, career break or Mat Leave.
Ten new starters June.
Meeting arranged for 22 May with HR to review recruitment.

Zero Hours Contracts – advice sought from HR as it is understood a Labour government would abolish, Diana Harris dealing.

Changes to Attendance Policy being rolled out.

Equality – Tracy Potter – Deborah Ransom attended team Leader away days and delivered a presentation around diversity in respect of part-time staff.  Tracy thanked Julian Roper for working a Friday evening in order to update Fri/Sat workers on changes to OOH.  It is important that we recognise why individuals choose to work these hours.


9 POLICIES / KNOWLEDGE BANK
 New guide on Bonfires submitted – Tracy Potter to review.
Appendix to MFH guide submitted, Sheffield A&E – Tracy Potter to review.

10 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 
OSS Comms Diamond Review – Supt Moran
Following SCT changes ACC Sahota now has responsibility for Territorial Ops, Comms has been moved in to this portfolio.  ACC Sahota is also lead for Contact Management and IT and will look at collaborative opportunities with Humberside.
Supt Moran will head up a review team to look at all areas of Comms (excluding PNC & Disclosure Units), and a team will be put together in the next few weeks.  Will work closely with staff associations and encourage suggestions around savings and improvements from staff.

Shift Review – Tracy Potter
Reports from Analyst received, Tracy circulated data at the meeting, and gave an overview of the findings.  The reports are pre and post review and do not reflect the last 12 months.

ACTION:  Tracy Potter to circulate the Shift Review Analyst Reports and request feedback.

RPU Review – Julian Roper
Julian gave an overview following consultation and feedback from staff and staff associations.  Recommendations around communication, processes and deviations are contained in his report.

ACTION:  Julian Roper to circulate RPU Review report, recommendations to be discussed and processes agreed at the Functional Managers meeting on Monday 3 June.


11 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
 
WEDNESDAY 19 JUNE 2013 – ATLAS COURT – 10.00 am – NEW DATE

 

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 21 May, 2013 - 10:00